HEART and lips

"Do you feel anything?", the doctor asked Seojun while pressing the pen over his knee.

"Stop poking my knee", he replied irritated. The doctor had been taking reports of all his senses and feelings for the past 15 minutes. Even when he had repeatedly asked for Kang Soojin, they seemed to care for the bare minimum.

"Dr. Kang Soojin is busy in the emergency ward", the doctor's assistant whispered before following the doctor out.

"Doctor has developed a dislike for Dr. Kang Soojin. She had repeatedly sneaked out during her shifts to check up on you for the past few years", explained the attending nurse while changing the insulin tubes.

"Oh. How has been Soojin over these years?", he enquired.

"She is usually pretty professional. She doesn't have any friends here. In fact, I have never seen here with anyone other than Mr. Suho. But she is very nice towards the newbies. The old patients grow close to her very quickly. Like all doctors, her diet and living habits are a mess", she sighed.

"And who else came to visit me?"

"Your mother and sister used to come every day. I don't seem to remember anyone else. Or maybe I wasn't on duty that day. Six years is a long time."

"Yes. Too long", he mourned. 

"Oppa, I am here", Gowoon jumped inside, excited. Seojun smiled seeing the same childishness. Although she looked all grown up now, seeing her inner child alive relieved him. He felt guilty for burdening her with the responsibility of not only his family but also his medical expenses at such a young age, she wasn't even an adult then.

"Oppa, see what I bought", snatching his attention, she began to unwrap the packets and revealed the corndogs she had bought, "I know you are bored with this hospital food. Have it."

Seojun's eyes widened seeing his sister's braveness. If she gets caught and the complaint reaches there Omma, she will definitely put both of them in coma this time. He immediately spun his neck to check around. To his relief, the nurse had already left, though he had no idea when.

"So", he continued after taking a big bite, "are Soojin and Suho together now?"

Gowoon really wanted to laugh hearing him but seeing the pain he was trying to hide behind that smile, she could not help feeling pity. On one side, the girl had been spending years taking care of him, spending sleepless nights researching ways to get him back. And on the other hand, the man is completely unaware of how lucky he is.

"No", she answered with a smile. 

"Huh?", he was shocked. He was almost completely sure that he had lost her forever.

"Soejun, you were searching for me?", Soojin voice suddenly arrived.