Whom to blame?

"Are you sure you are taking the right name?", Suho asked in confusion. Gowoon and her mother sat there confused after seeing the turn of events, both of them had expected Seojun to ask about Soojin first, or better directly talk to her. But here, there is another girl's name they haven't even heard of. 

"Do you need her?", Soojin asked, trying to make up for her broken voice. His words just chocked her, it was getting more and more suffocating as the possible chances of something else she had missed out came to her mind. Janhae was close to them but was she that close that he took her name just after she woke up. At the worst, she had expected him to take Lim Jugyeong's name. Did she not even realise that Seojun had got so much close to Janhae? She had been thinking the whole time that Janhae had blamed Jugyeong for Seojun's accident because she considered him her brother.

"I will have my breakfast", snatching the food packet, Soojin left the room, bowing her head to hide the tears and stopping them from falling out. The others sat there speechless, they knew Soojin was heartbroken, although she never said it out loud, all of them knew the feelings. It was so easy to see through her, even the doctors and nurses of the hospital had known it. 

 And this was the result she got after six years of endless, unexpected waiting. The great man lying on the bed had paid her well indeed.

Suho was the one to break the awkward silence, "I will talk to the doctor."

"I will finish the formalities", Gowoon excused herself, following Suho.

"Seojun. Don't take too much stress. You are weak now. Rest now so that you can be steady later", his mother adorned him. Observing her face closely, Seojun could see how much old she grown, there were wrinkles on her face now, along with dark circles. It was no secret that stressing over him had increased the rate her ageing process.

"Omma. I am hungry", Seojun cried with a small smile. 

"I will ask the nurse then", she hurried. 

----------------

"Soojin, cry it out", Suho whispered from her side.

"I don't know what to feel now", Soojin sighed, throwing her head back.

"Maybe you are thinking too much"

"I am thinking what to feel now. Heartbroken, sad, angry, disappointed, betrayed or just relieved that he is awake. I feel pathetic, like a simp. Whining over realising that the guy I loved back then, still has no emotions for me. I can't blame him for not having any feelings for me. But why did I waste so many years of my life to become a doctor? I hated going to college, the pressure over there killed me every day, I see patients as a responsibility, not like other doctors who love doing this. I push myself hard to do this everyday. Why? Because of a guy. I wasn't like this."

"I think its just that both you and me were there but Janhae was missing. Thats the sole reason he asked about her. Did you forget how close you three were?"

------------------

Sitting in his ward, Seojun closed his eyes, remembering the last night he had before all these. He chuckled realising that for others, it might be a distant memory, but for him, his life was stuck there. 

The day before the party

"Guys", Janhae sobbed, "I got rejected."

"What", Soojin asked, shocked.

"You proposed?", Seojun  spoke in break, digesting the news. Although Soojin and Seojun knew Janhae was in love with Yeong, proposing him was never in her plans. From what they had seen, she was more in the being silently in love troupe. 

"Hmm", she rubbed her nose, continuing crying.

"What happened?", Soojin hugged her friend, stroking her back to calm her down, Seojun took to patting her head to get over the pain. 

"I prepared such a romantic speech. I looked into his eyes and spoke of love, happiness, how he had my back in all times, how he has been my support, I told him to what things I plan to do with him in future. I spoke about the stars in the sky, the sky and sea, flowers, Romio Juliet and what not. And you can't believe what he said", moving herself from their embrace, she sat upright and mimicked him,

"Well done. Which film are you auditioning for?", just like Yeong must have said.

"What?"

"Huh!", 
Soojin and Seojun's response came one after another. It was indeed unexpected. Hyung had used professionalism to reject her. 

"Thats not the end", she continued, "I asked him how was he so sure I wasn't serious. He replied that he knows I am very understanding. He also said I am made for someone intelligent, rich, talented, not someone who is struggling like him. That he has seen me grow me, so he is my brother. And also that my mother has funded his education for charity and no matter how close we are, we belong to different world."

"That was indeed a rejection", Soojin sighed.

"A reasonable rejection", Seojun followed.

"I guess you should move on. The points he made are valid. He is thinking for your betterment", Soojin consoled, spitting facts.

"Maybe he loves but he wants you to be self dependent first. To fulfil your dreams and reach the top. Or maybe he thinks he does not deserve you and will himself propose you when he reaches a higher position", Seojun said, bringing an immediate smile on Janhae's face.

"Really", she hugged her best friend out of happiness, afterall Yeong did not say he does not love her.

"Han Seojun", Soojin shouted seeing Seojun giving the heartbroken girl indefinite predictions. If it was nothing Yeong felt, she would be more heartbroken later.

"Sooojiiiin calm down", Janhae smiled, giving her a quick hug and jumped to leave.