38.

"You heard me, vampire." He sneered, nudging me back aggressively. "She's mine." He went to grab my neck, but I was too quick for him and moved as he hit the wall with his fist.

"Get the fuck off me, semen demon," I growled in his face, not backing down. "You think you can beat me? Go ahead. See what happens. Take your shot." I held my fists up ready to attack. "Bring it."

"You have no idea who you're messing with." The arrogant dick laughed in my face. "Why your kind hasn't been eradicated from existence is beyond me. You are nothing more than shit on my boot."

"What is your problem, man?" I fought the urge to punch him right in the face. Boss also told me not to start the fight but always finish it but I wanted to start it. "Get the fuck out of my face."

"Why? What are you going to do about it, you tick?" He was inches from my face as he tried to intimidate me. "Huh? What are you going to do about it?" He pushed me back and laughed like a fuck-wit. "Come on, what are you going to do?" He pushed me back into the wall and held his fist in my face like I was supposed to be scared or something. "Think you're a big man? Then come on." He slapped my face and laughed again like an evil lunatic.

"Oh, game on." I shoved him back and clenched my fists tightly, ready for the fight. "You're as good as dead, whatever, and whoever the fuck you are." I swung my fist at him and knocked him right in the chin.

"You think that hurt?" It laughed smugly. "Get ready for pain." He once again swung his fist at my face but was too slow for my reaction. I swiftly moved out of the way and kicked him in the ass. "Oh, you want to play those rules?" He yelled out in frustration. "I'm going to snap you!"

"Stop it!" Bianca yelled, suddenly pushing us apart. "We're not doing this."

"Yes, we fucking are." The stranger yelled as he swung a fist at me.

"You heard that. He started this fight again ." I caught his fist in my hand and twisted his wrist as hard as possible. "You wanted this, so let's go." I pushed him back again as he grunted in pain.

"Jake, stop it." Bianca stood in front of me and shook her head. "Please. Don't do this."

"Why? So you can lie to me again?" I shrugged at her. "Use me and then throw me away like I mean nothing? Na, fuck that. I'd rather kill this idiot."

"It's not like that." Bianca looked back at the asshole. "I can explain. It's not as easy as just telling you..."

"Are you married?"

She looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "Technically, yes." She whispered and looked down at the ground. "But I..."

"But nothing. You lied to me." I looked over her shoulder as the stranger approached me again. "You know what? This is over. It's not even worth my time. I'm done." I turned and walked back down the stairs towards Claudia. "She's all yours, Pete Devilson." I waved without turning around.

"No, Jake! Wait! Please." I heard Bianca call me as she attempted to follow me. "Let me explain."

"Explain what?" I turned to look at her. "That you had no intention whatsoever to be with me? That I was just a thing to keep you entertained while you were stuck on that ship? That you lied right to my face? That I'm a complete moron for feeling something for you? What? What are you going to explain to me, B?" I threw my hands up in the air. "You know what? Don't bother. I really don't care," I turned around and kept walking away from her.

"I wasn't lying when I said you were the only creature who made me feel something." She said as I stopped walking, not looking back at her. "I had no intention of ever being with someone like you..."