13.

"I've changed my mind. I don't want to do this anymore." I was horrified at the sight of this spooky island in the middle of literal nowhere. The water looked darker, the air around us felt heavier, and fog lapped at the ship like every horror movie ever made. A shiver went down my spine as a loud howl filled the air. "What the fuck is that?" I whispered, standing closer to Henry.

"I am unsure of how to answer that." He replied, as his green eyes darted everywhere quickly. "I was under the understanding that these were humans."

Bianca laughed from behind us. "I mean, they were human at some stage." She stood next to me and winked. "But I wouldn't call them that to their face."

"What the hell does that mean?" I looked at her, horrified.

"Well, these creatures were indeed once human, and from my understanding, they are or were involved in some dark magic cult thing." Bianca crossed her arms over her ample chest. "The darker the magic, the closer to insanity they became until their minds were completely consumed by hate and greed. They made a deal with the Devil to have ultimate wealth and power for twenty years and then went into hiding, knowing their contracts were up. They have been MIA for over ten years now..."

"And we were lucky enough to find them all hidden away in the ocean." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Great."

Bianca nodded. "I heard rumors they went crazy and lost all rationality. They couldn't function in the human world anymore as they were being hunted by creatures they had wronged. The magic they were using turned them into hideous, disfigured beings, and they knew it was only a matter of time before the devil started looking for them. They created this island with unknown powerful dark magic and have been hiding from us ever since."

"Then how did the devil find them out here now?" Leon said, looking confused.

"He didn't." Bianca looked at us. "I did." She looked back out to the water slowly. "I can feel souls like humans feel fear. It's something I can't explain, but I knew something was out here. When I reported back to the devil, he was pleased to hear that we had found his missing souls."

"So, this disaster of a mission is all because of you?" I glared at her. "You brought this hell upon us?"

"I just did my job." Bianca looked back at me, and I felt my body getting hotter. "If you are not strong enough to handle this, then I suggest you stay here with the human crew." She gave me a fake smile and rolled her eyes. "Pathetic." She said under her breath as she looked away.

"I heard that." I snapped at her.

"That's what happens when you say something out loud." She shook her head at me. "Moron..."

"You are such an annoying piece of...."

"What is the plan here?" Henry said, cutting me off sharply. "How do we capture these souls." Henry gave me the; shut the fuck up, or I'll hurt you, eyes.

"I can do this job on my own," Bianca said firmly, still looking ahead at the tiny spooky island in the dark.

"That's wonderful, but we are here to do a job," Leon said, raising his eyebrows.

"Like I said, I can do this on my own." She turned her head very slowly toward him. "I don't need help." 

"And like I said, we are here to do this job. I am not going back to hell because you want all the glory. We NEED to do this job." Leon's voice was scary.

"Fine. Stay out of my way and look busy." Bianca said in a gruff voice. "You should be good at that."

"Oh, excuse me," Leon replied, smirking at her arrogance. "You hear that, boys? Stay out of her way."