16.

"Is she ok?" I approached Henry as he walked out of Bianca's room and closed the door behind him.

"She's awake but still weak. The doctor says she should make a full recovery." Henry patted me on the back. "Are you ok? Did that creature attack you?"

I shook my head. "Do we know what attacked her?"

"We can only guess, but she had what looked like cursed serpent venom in her body. It attacked her pretty hard, but thanks to you, she is going to make a full recovery. Proud of you." Henry smiled at me. "I knew you would do the right thing."

I shrugged. "I was just protecting our deal. If she died, I would probably be enjoying eternal hell with dramatic actors who didn't make the cut. Thespians are my ick." I shivered at the thought of improve actors.

Henry scowled at me, a little confused. "Well, if that inspires you to save others, I am all for it." He put on a smile.

"So, how far are we from this stupid mermaid?" I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms over my chest.

"According to Leon, we are close. We need to find the veil between the two words." Henry looked concerned. "I'm worried we will not be able to find it."

"How can I help?"

"Well, apparently you don't see it. You feel it."

"That's....ridiculous." I rolled my eyes in frustration. "Why can't they just fed-ex this bitch to us, and we can all go home. I haven't had sex in weeks, and I'm starting to turn blue down there."

"I understand you're frustrated...."

"Frustrated? Are you kidding me? I'm losing my mind. Where is this damn mermaid, Henry?"

Henry sighed. "Well, the good news is we are close. The bad news is we have no idea where she is yet...."

"Fuck!" I yelled in frustration. "Fuck this ship. Fuck that mermaid. Fuck everything." I clenched my fists. "I need to get out of here. I'm losing my mind."

"Hey, I was just looking for you." Callan rushed toward us, a smile on his face. "I managed to create a portal to back home. You can't step through it, but you can see and talk to my father and Ebony. They are asking for you."

"Eb, is there?" I smiled.

"She's there with my brother. They are both anxious to see you both." Callan gestured for us to follow him. "Come on." We followed him to the common room and saw Leon talking to Bossman through what looked like a full-length mirror into our home.

"You had to kill how many rabid wolves?" Bossman was almost laughing.

"I think we counted over one hundred of them at the end. They were hungry little bastards." Leon laughed and shook his head. "You would be proud of your boy. He killed a monster of a beast and saved our skin at the end. He is growing up
to be a great warrior." Leon turned to look at me standing in the doorway. "Speak of the devil."

"Jacob, good to see you, boy." Bossman smiled as I walked to him. "I hear you are doing very well on the ship of the dammed."

"Don't call it that." I heard Ebony's voice. "You know I hate it when you call it that." She hit bossman's arm and turned to look at me. "Jake!" She waved excitedly. "I miss you."

"Hey Eb, I miss you too." I sighed loudly as a huge smile spread across my face. "I miss you so much."

"How is everything going? I heard you saved the day! I'm so proud of you." Ebony blew me a kiss, and I could see tears in her eyes. "Tell me everything."