1.

"What do you mean she is dead?" Callan yelled at me in the hallway.

"Umm, I thought I was pretty clear on that. The girl is dead." I said, pointing to my room and stomping my foot on the ground. "One minute, she's screaming my name. The next, dead!" I stuck out my tongue and made a dead face trying to show him what she looked like.

"You mean she died during...it?" Callan said, looking disgusted.

"Not during, damn." I sighed, throwing my arms up in the air. "After that part. Like, oh Jake, fuck, you're so massive and handsome and amazing. Yeah! Power drill and Dead. Passed out cold for hours and then..." I pulled the dead face again. "Did I pleasure her to death?"

"I don't even know what to say to you right now," Callan said, rolling his eyes. "Where did you find this thing anyway?"

"Are you implying she is not a lady, sir?" I said dramatically, holding my hand to my chest. "How dare you."

"I'm not even going to dignify that statement with an answer," Callan said, shaking his head.

"She was nothing but a lady, I assure you." I used my hands to show him how big her boobs were. "Massive, let me tell you." I winked at him.

"Jake," Callan said with a stern look on his face.

"Callan." I snapped back at him, mocking his angry tone.

"You need help." He rubbed his temples. "You are a sick man."

"Why?" I looked shocked at his words.

"Look, I know you are feeling stressed about the devil's contract and taking over Midnight Industry. I get it. I really do. I'm stressed too, but this behavior has to stop." He said, looking concerned. "You need help—professional help to get you through all of this. I talked to a shrink, and you know what? It actually helped. Henry did a great job introducing mental health professionals to the vampire world, and you should try it."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I scoffed. "How did you get to that conclusion?"

"How?" He yelled rather loudly. "You have a dead girl in your room, and the first thing you decide to tell me is how big her tits are. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love boobs, but they should not be your main..." he stopped talking and stared down the hallway to my bedroom with wide eyes. "What the fuck is that?"

I turned to see the girl from last night standing at my bedroom door wearing nothing but my white shirt from last night covering her body. Her head was hanging to her chest. Her long blonde hair fell down her face as she moved slowly, almost shuffling towards us, gurgling loudly from the back of her throat.

"That? That is what you brought into this house?" Callan yelled, glaring at me. "What the fuck, man? What is that?"

"Umm, my date, apparently." She looked a lot different than she did last night. "She was hot. I swear. That thing is most definitely not a human."

"The hell you say!" Callan hit me across the back of the head. "That's a fucking..."

The girl looked up at us with her bloodshot eyes and smeared makeup and opened her mouth to speak. "Kill." She moaned angrily. "Kill." She slowly started to drag her feet along the floor towards us, groaning hungrily.

"That right there is a zombie." I pointed, looking at Callan. "Yep, that's definitely a walking corpse."

"You're noticing that just now?" Callan punched me in the arm. "Seriously! What is wrong with you?"

"She wasn't like that last night, I swear." I took a step back. "I know I was a bit..."

"Fucked up? Yeah, you were beyond that." Callan took a step back, watching the girl get closer, blood dripping from her mouth onto the floor.