22.

"Where have you been?" Henry said impatiently as Bianca and I walked back into the ballroom.

"Outside. Why? What's wrong?"

"Have you seen the mermaid yet?" Callan smiled ear to ear.

"Which mermaid? We're literally surrounded by them."

"Oh, shit! He hasn't seen her yet!" Callan laughed hysterically as he patted my back. "This is going to be good."

"Seen who?"

"The princess." Henry sighed, with a worried tone. "She's certainly something."

"Can you stop being cryptic for one second and tell me what the hell is going on?" I yelled at him.

"Is she dog ugly?" Bianca asked looking at them both with a smile. "I bet she's a total minga."

"A what? It doesn't matter. Don't encourage this." I nudged her back. "Wait, is she ugly?"

"Not exactly." Henry cleared his throat. "But you are in for a surprise. I sure was."

"He nearly shit his pants." Callan laughed, pointing at Henry.

"For fucks sake! What is wrong with this girl?" I yelled impatiently.

Henry cleared his throat again. "I think you should just meet her."

"Then let's go meet her," I said in Henry's face.

Henry nodded and gestured for me to follow him down the long castle hallway. "Now, when you see her, please just stay calm."

"Name one time when I have overreacted to something?"

Henry stopped walking and turned to look at me. "Seriously?"

"Ok, name two times." I smiled innocently.

He just shook his head and kept walking without a word.

"So how ugly is this chick? You think she's deformed or something?" Bianca looked at me. "What if she has two heads or nipple tits?"

"Not my problem." I smiled. "I don't want to sleep with her anyway. That's the devil's problem."

"Yeah, ok." Callan laughed from behind me. "Let's go with that."

"What is your damn problem?" I snapped at him.

"Ok, she's just in here." Henry stopped at a door made of beautiful white coral. "I need you to remain calm. This poor girl is under enough stress, and she doesn't need to worry about her appearance."

"Yeah, I get it. Don't be a prick." I gave him the thumbs up. "I got this."

"Thank you. Ok, here we go." Henry pushed open the heavy doors, and I followed him into the room. "Your Highness, I apologize for the delay. This is Jacob and Bianca. They will join us on the voyage with your daughter, Claudia."

"Claudia is excited to meet you both." The king shook our hands excitedly. "She is just preparing for the big trip. Hold on. Claudia, could you come here for a minute, please?" He called to the room next to him.

"Jacob here is the best of the best when it comes to protection. I have witnessed his bravery many times. I trust this man with life." Henry patted me on the back like I was his best pet in the show. "Bianca here knows the devil personally, and she will take over for us once we reach our world. Your daughter is in the best hands with my team."

"Thank you." The king bowed his head. "I understand this custom may seem strange to you, but this is a great honor for my daughter. Being chosen for this sacrifice will save the lives of our people. Claudia has prepared for this her whole life."