23.

"Hey, there, big guy." I greeted Leon as I boarded the ship the next day. "Did you miss me?" I shook my body like a dog getting out of the bath. "Ah, that's better."

"You know what, kid? I actually did." He patted me on the back and then hit the back of my head for making him wet. "How was Noxus, you animal?" He flicked the water back in my face with his fingers.

"Wet, warm, and beautiful. Just how I like my women." I smiled smugly, pulling off my soaking wet shirt and shaking it all over Leon, who threw his fist at me, narrowly missing my face.

"Oh please, you'll take what you can get," Callan said, suddenly standing next to me, still wet from being in the ocean.

"No, that's you. I have standards." I shook my hair again and sprayed water all over Callan just to a prick.

"You fucking asshole." Callan pushed me back as I laughed. "Where is Bianca?" He looked around the ship.

"She is back in her room." Leon pointed to the cabins at the back of the ship. "She said she was tired." He shrugged. "Where is this mermaid?"

"She was right behind me with Henry." Callan took off his shirt and wriggled out the water onto the deck. "Oh, you don't know yet, do you?"

"Know what? Is she ugly? Mutated? Is it a guy?" Leon smiled at us. "Wait? Is it an actual fish?"

"Not exactly." Callan looked over at me. "How would you describe her, Jake."

I smiled at Leon. "Perfect," I said as Henry climbed over the ship's side with Claudia on his back. "Speak of the devil's wife. Leon meet Claudia, the princess of Noxus."

Claudia slowly stood up and pushed her long hair out her face looking up at Leon. "Hello."

"Holy fucking shit." Leon took a step back. "Ebony?"

"Claudia, this is Leon, and he will be looking after you also on this ship," Henry said, giving Leon a look.

"Sorry. It's not to meet you." Leon shook her hand. "Uncanny." He mumbled, looking at her closely.

"King Henry has explained to me that I resemble your friend. It's ok." Claudia smiled at him. "It's nice to meet you."

"I'll show you to your room. You must be tired after a long day." Henry said softly.

"Thank you." Claudia bowed her head and followed Henry to the cabins.

"Wow," Leon said, shocked. "They could be twins."

"That's what I said." stomping my foot on the deck and pointing at Leon.

"You think Ebony is part mermaid as well?" Callan sniggered.

"There is no room in that body for a mermaid," Leon said, shaking his head. "Carter will lose his damn mind when he sees her."

"You think he'll mind if I marry her?" I winked at him.

"I dare you, boy." Leon laughed, patting me on the back. "In fact, I'll pay you."

"Claudia is settling in her room," Henry said, walking to us. "Is everyone doing alright?" He looked at me and raised his eyebrow sharply. "Anything you want to talk about?"

"Me?" I made a face. "Why are you targeting me?"

"I don't mean to." He reassured me. "I'm just concerned about how hard it might be to hand over Claudia to the devil, considering how much she looks like Ebony."

"Shit, I hadn't even thought of that." I slumped, realizing that this was now a problem. "Damn."

"We need to remember this is a mission for the devil, not a rescue mission." Henry sighed. "I honestly think, and this is hard to say, but we need to stay away from her and not become attached. It will just make things harder when we get home."