7 ✩ Basketball

A/N: this is a slightly longer chapter so I hope you all don't mind. This was originally 2 chapters but I thought y'all would appreciate it more if I combined them so you don't have to wait longer for the next chapter to be released <3

Please comment some scenes you want to happen in the future or any ideas u may have! Just because you suggest something doesn't mean I will do it 100% but I would really like to hear everyone's honest opinions of the story so far!  - from K

---

Isabella's POV:

Thursday:

Even though my feelings are all over the place, I've decided to move on from the events that occurred yesterday with Aiden and just continue to be his friend. Being anything more than friends and having feelings involved will just mess things up for our families and I can't have the possibility of something going wrong making it awkward between us.

Even though we don't know each other that well, I'm interested in staying and becoming better friends with him and the rest of the group.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't got any intimate feelings towards him.. I just think he's a massive flirt. Sometimes his actions make me think differently about him but I have to remember he doesn't feel anything for me.

He probably sees me as a mission to conquer or something along those lines.

Also, even though Ems is the sweetest person on this planet, she struggles to find real friends as many people use her to their advantage because she's a nice person. I would feel terrible if Emma had to stop being friends with them after creating true connections with them these past few days because of me.

That's because if I stop being friends with Aiden, I may have to stop being friends with the other guys which means Emma will want to comfort me instead of choosing the possibility of bettering her friendships with them.

Emma and I have always stuck together. Even since we were babies. We would only play with each other and wouldn't even bother adventuring out to the other kids.

It got so bad to the point that the teachers would tell our parents that we were being anti-social and they even considered splitting us up into different classes but our moms refused.

Obviously we did start to talk to the other kids but in the back of our minds we've only ever put each other first. That sounds sad yet cute but I kinda love it..

When my dad lost his battle to cancer a few months ago, my aunt (Emma and Josh's mom) were the first to find out after mom, Tyler and I. We all broke down over the phone and the only noise you could hear was sobbing.

My father was an important figure in all of our lives and he never failed to make us smile. Seeing him go through the hardest parts of his life and not being able to do anything to help is truly heartbreaking on its own.

Bearing in mind that not only was one of the most important people to me slowly dying, I was going through teenage problems too. I had just broken up with my boyfriend at the time, I was struggling to keep my friendships alive as they noticed I was becoming more upset (due to my dads chemo) and I had to step up a lot as a parental figure as dad couldn't anymore.

It was really hard on all of us but one thing I learnt is that time isn't always guaranteed and that if you want something in life, you need to go and chase it otherwise you'll waste your time dwelling on the fact you never did.