1 ✩ Arriving in a new town

Saturday:

Saturday:

Getting out of the car, we arrived at our new house. Our 2 story-high, white house had a long driveway with a small water fountain at the front. The front door was black but was filled with glass panels which added an aspect of openness and originality to the house.

It was currently 3pm and our plan was to drop our suitcases and furniture here to unpack tomorrow and go straight from our house to the bowling alley to surprise (our cousins) Joshua and Emma. Don't get me wrong, they knew we were going to be here by 3pm-ish but they have no idea we're going to the bowling alley to greet them.

It's unbelievable how many times I've messaged or rang Josh and Emma to tell them that I missed them so finding out the news from my mom that we were moving to be closer to them just made my heart jump up and down, out of excitement.

I know not all cousins in the world are this close but Tyler (my younger brother) and I have always had a close relationship with Joshua and Emma. Josh serves as the oldest, protective cousin towards us, whilst Emma is the funny, kind cousin that we hang out with the most. 

We hang out with Josh too but since he is 18 and Emma and I are both 16, we don't see him that much. Tyler is 6 years old which gives him quite an age gap between all of us but that doesn't get in the way of our fun - we just make sure he is having a great time whilst being safe too.

I guess you could consider me similar to a middle child since Ty and I practically grew up with Josh and Em, making them my older siblings in a way. However, if you're thinking by blood, then I am the oldest sibling to Ty/T.

Ty and I only moved here because our father passed away from cancer. However, he engraved into our brains that even though life may be tough without him, we should still live our lifes to the fullest and do things we would've if he was still there. For example: going to parties, doing well in school, spending time with out family/friends, etc. I've made it my personal mission to focus on all these things and try have a trouble-free yet fun experience here.

My family isn't rich by any means. If anything, we're probably the definition of middle class! Don't think we're spoiled though! We're grateful for everything and definitely had to earn things we wanted. 

The reasoning behind why we have such an amazing house was due to my dad. As I mentioned, he passed from cancer. He never had the chance to live off his retirement pension money so all his fortune went to us. That's partially the reason why we could afford to move and buy such an exceptional mansion.

We live on a rich street, probably alongside arrogant upper class families which makes me feel a sense of pride knowing my family will never be like that because of how we were brought up. I'm glad we have the opportunity to live in a a new home but I'll always reminisce our old one.

Glancing around at the different sized houses, I notice that our house was the same size as the majority, except with the occasional large mansions. Our neighbors have the largest house I've seen since arriving in this new town.