Top Talent (Part 2)

I am brought back to the surface, where Huck and I were attacked. The tentacles drop me, retreating into the center of the planet. The floor seals itself up and I know, now, it's just a cover. What lies underneath our feet is the thing I fear the most. I have no idea how to avoid it, but... I need to keep my eyes peeled.

I notice Huck is gone. He must have run off or went home. I realize I've got to do the same. I also realize the sun has set, and the stars are glistening against the dark sky. It has been about a day since I left my home, and I have no idea why I thought leaving was a good decision. I suppose I was so ashamed of how I spoke, that... I didn't think doing any more talking would make it better. When I go back, I will make sure my apology is more than words. I have to prove I belong in Berry Bitty City, and that I'll never speak like that to anyone, ever again.

(?): DOMINIC...?!

My head jolts to the sound of Raspberry screaming my name. Then, I hear the screams of the others.

(?): COCONUT...?! COCONUT?!

Hearing their voices after so long causes me to cry immediately.

Me: I-I'M HERE!!!

In the distance, I see Raspberry racing towards me at the speed of sound.

Raspberry: DOM!!!

Me: R-RAZZIE!

She slams into me and I clutch her as tight as I can, not letting go of her for a second.

Me: O-oh, Razzie...!

She breaks free and gives me a solid push.

Raspberry: Y-you idiot...! Y-you said you'd come back...!

Me: I-I tried to! I swear!

Raspberry: W-we spend the entire evening searching for you! I-I thought you'd abandoned us!

She punches my chest and I just trap her in another embrace.

Me: A-as long as I live... I'll never abandon you...!

Thunder crackles into the night as Raspberry and I weep and cry. As soon as the others reach us, they join in on the embrace.

Me: I-I'm sorry...!

I drop to my knees and let it all out.

Me: I-I-I'm s-so sorry! I-I don't wanna lose you guys! Y-you're all I have!

Strawberry: O-of course you won't lose us! H-how could you even think something like that? I promise, Coconut, no matter how much you screw up, we'll always be with you!

Plum: Even if some of us hold grudges, so you better be grateful! If I had anything to say about it...

Me: P-Plum...

I hug her, leaving her in disbelief.

Plum: H-hey! I'm trying to scold you here!

Me: Y-you're still the best comedian I've ever known.

Plum just chuckles and slugs my arm.

Plum: Thanks, you dope.

Blueberry: Wh-what happened to you? Wh-where were you?

Orange: We thought you were stolen. Although, by the look on your face, it's like you were pulled out of the ground like a carrot.

I keep my mouth shut. They should not need to know what we know. But my attention turns to Lemon, with a towel around her hair.

Lemon: Oh, this? It's my entry for the talent show.

Me: Let me guess. An... animal hair topiary?

Lemon giggles and pats the towel.