A Star Is Fashioned (Part 2)

Raspberry and I broke up.

More like she broke up with me.

I'm not as destroyed as I should be. As horrible as this may sound, I never truly loved her. It wouldn't be fair for both of us to keep living this lie. What hurts me is that I might lose Raspberry as my friend. All because I didn't express these feelings sooner. This is my fault, and if I do lose her, I, no doubt, deserve it. I know Raspberry would rather jump into a lake of crocodiles than speak to me now, so I won't force things. But it's going to be an awkward journey back, especially since Raspberry and I will be in a confined space.

There is some positive news. Miss Gelato hired Raspberry and she'll be putting her talents to good use. Black Licorice will look out for Raspberry as her manager/guardian, and I admit, I'm happy for him.

Although... Looking back on it now... I can't ignore how awful I was to him. I was pissed with the way he treated Cherry Jam that I refused to believe he could be any good. Even when Black Licorice told me, over and over again, he wasn't the monster I claimed him to be. 

That's all water under the bridge, though, since now I know he and Miss Gelato used to be an item. 

Buttttttt....

I refuse to believe they don't still love each other. They are trying so hard to move on from one another, but I can tell, deep down, they don't want to. It's so cute, and I wish I could trade places with Raspberry to see it unfold, but alas, that can't be the case.

As I'm thinking about this, I prevent myself from acknowledging Raspberry's existence as she climbs aboard the butterfly bus. It's all good, though, because she doesn't look like she wants anything to do with me. But it's not easy to ignore her when Raspberry's new outfit is eye-catching. Miss Gelato gave Raspberry an outfit to wear for the trip home, to show our friends back home she made it. It's the outfit she wears in the episode, A Star Is Fashioned, where she's acknowledged as Ra-Ra-Raspberry.

 It's the outfit she wears in the episode, A Star Is Fashioned, where she's acknowledged as Ra-Ra-Raspberry

Thinking back on the episode, I can't help but feel relieved I didn't get to see Mavis Maraschino.

Wait a minute.

...

Oh. My. God.

I emit an audible gasp, realizing that Black Licorice was supposed to BE Mavis Maraschino. It's evident because HE'S going back to Berry Bitty City too, to help Raspberry pack.

But then there's the question...

WHERE'S Mavis? It's like she's been written out somehow, to make way for a far more redeemable replacement.

Before I can think about it, I grab my suitcase as it's handed to me, by Black Licorice.

Black Licorice: I ain't gonna be carryin' your stuff.

I smile at him.

Me: Thank you, kind sir.

Black Licorice doesn't smile back at me.

Black Licorice: Nah, 'cause I'm a bastard, right? I'm just some cruel monster that shouldn't be anywhere near you.

I groan as I feel my heart aching.

Me: Y-you were right, okay? You were right about everything, and I'm a judgemental little brat. I made you feel HORRIBLE, ever since I met you, and you have every right to bash me for it.

But before I can get really emotional, he chuckles a little and pats me on the back.

Black Licorice: I'm just messin' with ya, kid, relax. Were you gonna cry?

Me: N-no.

He keeps chuckling as he enters the cab and sits next to me, which is good, because now, he and Raspberry can look at each other. Before long, the butterfly bus takes off, and we are now on our way to Berry Bitty City.

I know it's going to be a long trip back, so I lean back and close my eyes.

Black Licorice: Are we playing the quiet game? Why's no one blabbering?

Raspberry, out of nowhere, emits a cute giggle.

Raspberry: Oh, I'm sorry, Black Licorice! What would you like to talk about?

Black Licorice: I meant to him.

Black Licorice points to me and I'm not liking it.

But Raspberry doesn't look at me.

Raspberry: What are you talking about? I don't see anyone.

Oh my God.

Me: Raspberry, you can't be serious!

Raspberry just ignores me.

Me: What do you want from me? I'm not asking you to forgive me, but you can't ignore me either! We live in the same-!

Raspberry: Not anymore! I'm moving to Berry Big City, so you won't have to worry about feeling trapped again! And that's all I have to say to you!

Black Licorice's wide eyes don't help this situation.

Black Licorice: I missed something, didn't I?

Neither Raspberry and I have the heart to say anything else.

Black Licorice: Erm... I definitely missed something. What's the big idea here?

Raspberry: He's played me for a fool, that's what!

Me: Raspberry, I had to do it! I wasn't happy with our relationship, because it wasn't true!

Raspberry: You should've said something from the start!

Me: I was afraid I'd LOSE you from the start!

Raspberry: Well, you have! You broke my heart!

Me: I-!

Raspberry: Stop! We're done! I don't want to hear it anymore!

Me: Just let me explain!

Raspberry: No, because you're just gonna lie to me again! So, please, leave me alone! Please?!

I sigh as I keep my mouth shut.

There's nothing I can say that'll change Raspberry's mind.

My worst fear has come true.

Raspberry hates me.

---

The trip from Berry Bitty City to Berry BIG City was long. But, for some unholy reason, the journey back is a slog. I keep expecting to see the lush, vibrant strawberry patches that surround my humble village, but the farther the butterfly bus goes, the farther away we seem to be. There's nothing I can do to pass the time, since Black Licorice is knocked out, with his fedora over his face and Raspberry is on her phone, avoiding the world. Mind you, her phone is cracked and battered to oblivion since she threw it out the window, but it's still functional.

Well, I'm not in the mood for a nap and my phone died a long time ago, so I'm stuck.

Then I hear the sound of someone singing to themselves. It's the butterfly, carrying us from up above. They seem to be singing, "Home Sweet Home".

(?):
~Home Sweet Home~
~Where memories are made and berries are grown~

That fills me with so much motivation that I begin to sing with the butterfly. It's not the voice of an angel's, but I couldn't care less.