Depends ~ Ch76

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

"So tell me, pet. Why are you so scared of the queen of curses?" Sukuna suddenly asked (Y/n). She sat quietly on the ledge of the rooftop, her legs hanging as she leaned back and looked up at the sky. Sukuna was as calm as she was, leaning over her, his two arms caging her as they leaned on the concrete ledge on either side of her. The two were so close that they could see the slight fog that their breaths created as they exhaled into the cold morning air.

(Y/n) nulled over the qestion for a while. She couldn't say that she hadn't at all expected to hear it from Sukuna after they had both settled down from running after eachother, because she did. It was only a matter of time before he asked. It was one of those things that sort of hung in the air, waiting to be asked. (Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek as she frowned.

"You know why. She's feral- which you've clearly seen for yourself." She replied pointedly, both of them knowing that that wasn't the correct answer. Sukuna hummed in spite the fact he knew that she was stalling, nodding slowly.
"Feral, maybe. But I think there's hope for her yet." Sukuna told the girl without a himt of doubt in his voice.
"You think so?" The (L/n) asked softly, her eyes softening as Sukuna nodded once again.

"I do...but that wasn't the right answer to my question and you know it, pet." Sukuna then said with a raised brow. How silly of (Y/n) to think that he'd actually let it go. (Y/n) sighed softly before looking to her side, the quiet streets of Tokyo beginning to wake up behind her. If she wasn't facing Sukuna right now- if she wasn't so close to him, she'd probably try to avoid answering again. But he had her boxed in, unable to escape his prodding gaze.

"I almost killed the man I looked up to the most, and the same day I vowed to never unleash the queen of curses again because I will never be able to control that part of me..." (Y/n) admitted quietly, not going into details or even anything close to it because she didn't want to remind herself the horror of what she woke up to that day. And the crazy thing is she knew if it happened again, Sukuna wouldn't let her spiral the way she did then- and that..that was terrifying.

She laughed at the thought. She didn't know when she put so much trust in Sukuna. But it's here now.
"And then you come along and made me believe anything's possible." The girl finished with a teasing grin. Sukuna's brow raised suspiciously at the unexpected compliment.
"You make me sound like a saint." He replied with a scoff, making her chuckles quietly.

"Believe me, you're not. You're just confident- confident in me and my power. And that confidence is contagious." (Y/n) admitted. She wasn't sure why she was being so open- why under the rising sun, it felt like she could tell him anything and get away with it.
"Didn't you once call me a monster?" Sukuna asked playfully, honestly not even remembering when she said it or why. He's been called a monster for too long that the name is no longer creative enough for him.

"Did I? I don't seem to recall..." (Y/n) muttered out, looking anywhere but Sukuna's eyes. Sukuna chucked at that, accepting that that was in the past. They dissolved into a comfortable silence after that, (Y/n) closing her eyes so that she could appreciate the morning breeze as Sukuna watched her silently. Neither of them moved from their current position, enjoying it a little more than they should.

"What do you plan to do, little (L/n)?" Sukuna then asked curiously, making the girl's eyes snap open.
"What do you mean?" She asked him, bafflement on her features.
"Well, you're bettering your techniques. You're keeping secrets from your lover and your building an army in that domain of yours...anyone would think you're preparing for war." Sukuna told her casually.

(Y/n) nodded her head slowly, aware of what it might look like to other people. She promises justice to her curses and so she prepares to deliver it to them everyday. But war would be revenge.
"You think I'm going to turn on the sorcerers." (Y/n) then muttered knowingly, her words a statement rather than a question. Sukuna didn't reply, only raising a single brow in question.
"I admit...I've thought about it." The girl mumbled, almost as if she were ashamed with the admittance.

"And I honestly still haven't ruled out the possibility..." She continued to say.
"Kento and my friends are the only reason that I stay...and now Yuuji too." Her voice becoming soft and quiet, yet Sukuna heard it loud and clear.
"I guess I'm just sharpening the knife in case I plan to use it." She finally said with a soft forced smile, finally looking Sukuna in the eye.

"Would you use it against me?" Sukuna suddenly asked, his voice calm and not hinting on whether yes or no would be the right answer to his question. He just seemed genuinely curious, curious to whether (Y/n) would fight against him when all is said and done. The girl lost the ability to speak for a few seconds, suprised by his sudden curiosity. When she hesitated to answer, Sukuna decided to keep speaking.

"You know I'm a villain. I want destruction. I crave calamity, and once this brat and I have either been seperated or I've overpowered him, I'll be reigning fire on Japan." Sukuna said, his tone showing that he was being serious and that he meant every word. (Y/n) stayed still for a while, in thought. After a few moments she inhaled and exhaled before shaking her head with a smile.

"Wreak all the havoc you want, Sukuna. I won't bat a lash. As long as you don't have any plans to annihilate curses, that's all that matters to me. There's plenty of criminals in Japan, what's one more?" (Y/n) told him truthfully, suprising Sukuna with how genuine she felt about this. Sukuna didn't know what answer to expect, and least of all which answer he wanted to here. But that? That answer made him feel things he had never felt before.

Sukuna chuckled out with amusement, biting his lip as he supressed a grin.
"A jujustu sorcerer doesn't think the way you do, you know?" Sukuna pointed out playfully, making the girl shrug.
"Good thing I'm no ordinary jujutsu sorcerer." The girl replied, pleasing Sukuna greatly. That's when she tilted her head to the side, as he usually would when he was curious. She was picking up his habits, and that made him bite his inner cheek to supress an even bigger grin.

"And you?" (Y/n) suddenly asked him.
"When you either take over Yuuji's body or get your own and regain all your power...would you use it against me?" She continued, his voice with doubt.
"Would you crush me like a bug, throw me to the side and not think about me again?" She questioned quietly, their proximity becoming dangerously aware to her in that moment as Sukuna lifted his hand and began slowly brushing his thumb along her jaw.

"That depends..." Sukuna told her, making her brows furrow.
"On what?" The girl then asked him dumbfoundedly. Sukuna paused, unable to supress his grin any longer. In that moment, something shifted in the air. Sukuna's tattoos began to fade, showing that he was losing control over Yuuji's body. Roughly around the same time, (Y/n) began losing control over her erratic beating heart. And right before Sukuna gave into Yuuji's waking consiousness, he whispered into the girl's ear,

"On whether you think a king can rule without a queen."

(A.N ~ so um very soon there's gonna be a spicy chapter where-)

Chapter 77 Quote Teaser :

"He's worried the third years are going to snap you like a twig."