To Belong ~ Ch36

(Author-san whispers - double update bitches!)

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

That night went more smoothly than (Y/n) could have imagined. The dinner went well, Nanami's Katsu curry stealing Yuuji's heart the moment he had his first bite. After dinner, (Y/n) toured Yuuji around the rest of the apaprtment and showed him her bedroom for the first time. The boy was overjoyed. He was able to look at childhood pictures of his girlfriend and momentous that meant everything to her for the first time in his life.

Nanami made Yuuji sleep on the couch that night, him not feeling comfortable with the idea of Yuuji and his daughter sleeping in the same bed under his roof. Yuuji didn't complain, greatful that Nanami allowed him to spend the night in the first place. Little did he know, Nanami allowed him to spend the night solely for the practicality of it all, considering Nanami was to substitute for Gojo again the next day.

The next day came by quicker for (Y/n), not to her suprise at all. She only slept for two hours, waking up right at the brink of dawn. She woke up in cold sweat, tears dripping down her face and her hands trembling. She was greatful for Toge's help yesterday because that was probably the only time for a long time that she'd have such peaceful sleep. It took her almost ten minutes to calm her breathing, to force herself to think of anything but Yuuji's flesh covered in scorch marks and burns.

The girl laid in her bed for the next hour after that, staring at the cieling with resentment. (Y/n) planned to stay there for the next few hours untill it was time for breakfast, but it seemed to her as if a particular curse had other plans. The girl hissed the moment she felt it, clutching onto her bandaged wrist for dear life the moment the burning began. Now? He wanted her now?

The girl threw her covers off her bed with aggravation before she made her way to the living room where Yuuji laid fast asleep on the sofa. His arm was uncomfortably wrapped over his eyes, shielding him from the slowly rising sun as he snored. (Y/n) quietly marched over to him with frustration, stopping right infront of Yuuji with a glare.
"What is it?" She hissed angrily, staring at Yuuji's neck where a mouth had just formed.

"You haven't been sleeping. Why?" Sukuna asked her- more like demanded, technically. The paim from the mark on her wrist began to fade as (Y/n) scoffed, in pure disbelief that this was why he was disturbing her at dawn.
"You heard it all already, didn't you? I get nightmares." She muttered angrily. It was almost as if Sukuna expected a different answer to the one he knew already.

"Yes but I doubt that's the full extent. So, tell me." Sukuna demanded causually. (Y/n) scoffed again, ready turn on her heel and leave. But it was like Sukuna felt her desire to leave. Her mark faired with pain making her hiss and stop in her tracks. The moment she stopped her advances to the exit, the pain ceased.
"Why do you care, Sukuna?" She asked with exaustion, not understanding the curse before her. It was almost like he cared but she knew that could not be the case.

"I will not own a weapon without power." Sukuna told her, allowing her to understand why he was asking her this. Sukuna needed her rested so that she could do his bidding- so that she could fight for him. How typical of him. The girl sighed, closing her eyes in defeat because there was no way she could get out of this. (Y/n) made a pact with Sukuna. She belonged to him, so she had to obey him. And if she didn't, the mark burned.

"...is he asleep?" She then asked, knowing she could not say what she was about to say next with Yuuji awake. (Y/n) didn't want him to hear this.
"Practically dead." Sukuna grinned, knowing exactly that that was a triggering choice of words. (Y/n) glared at him for it but his grin never faded.
"Tell me." Sukuna demanded, proding her to begin talking.