Chapter 18 : Unseen Wounds

" It's been so long." He says as he adjusted his necktie with one hand and stares down at the floor.

A small grin crept on his face.
And something about it made Jiwoong uncomfortable.

It radiated a cynical and slightly menacing vibe.

" It sure has been, Xu Feng " Hana started with a scoff but the corners of her lips soon went down.

The male walked further towards her. Burshing past her hair, he whispered,
" Welcome home, Hana."

Her breath hitched. From the corners of her eyes she watched Xu Feng walk towards the king to strike a conversation.

...

" This will be your accommodation. We have made sure to ensure the safety arrangement properly , if there is anything Your Highness may need of, You can always ask of me. " A middle aged man, showed Jiwoong and Hana their temporary home.
His stomach was bulging out of the tucked in shirt and his hair was in the classic coconut hairstyle.

" Mr. Wang, please inform Her Majesty's quarters that we would be making our visit in the afternoon." Hana said to the man.

To fulfill his duties, he soon went on his way.

" I was really nervous back there." Jiwoong says as they were climbing the stairs.

" Not because I was meeting a monarch. I was nervous because I was officially meeting your father." He continues.

Hana grabs his arm from below, making him turn to her.

" He's a difficult man, hard to please, and hard to discern if he is pleased or not. But trust me when i say, you are on the list of his favourite people. And that's probably why I'm married to you."

From Jiwoong's perspective, The yellow-ish orange sunlight of the almost setting sun, beaming out through the wide windows, fell on Hana's face.

Her lips tainted with the salamander orange shaded lipstick and the tangerine orange blush, perfectly complimented the dusk.

" Done staring? " She climbs another stair closer to him and goes away brushing past his shoulder.

...

" It can be a bit shocking to meet the queen, my mother, so you might want to embrace yourself. " I say to Jiwoong, as we are seated in the lounge of my mother's quarter, waiting for her, to get down.
More precisely, waiting for her to calm down to atleast a level when it is possible to converse with her.

I notified the caretakers beforehand to make sure she is as much presentable as possible. But you can never know anything, when you are dealing with a
schizophrenia patient.

If I could, I would prefer him not meeting her face-to-face at all. But, it's impossible.

Nobody else except for the caretakers, the king , me, hao, my maternal uncle- the duke, the Duchess and Gunwook and Xu Feng, know of her condition.

To the public and media, she is terminally ill, but we never revealed what it was.

" Ma'am, you can come in now." Miss park says.
I have known her as an attendant to my mother, from as long as i have memory of. But I do know that, she has been with my mother from her own childhood and followed her to this country.