Chapter 10 : Moonlight, Sunlight

" I'm really really really sorry, Hana." Jiwoong pleaded once again once they were in front of their car.

" It's okay, Jiwoong. Your reactions were quite valid. If I ever received a photo like this of you that made it look like you were making out with some woman, I fear you would be six feet underground already." She tried Joking to lighten his mood.

" Still- I ignored you, shouted at you and hurt you-" He stopped in-between his sentence as Hana cupped his cheeks, his back leaning against the car.

" Shh.. not another word on this matter. Let's just focus on getting back at that jerk." Her eyes were locked on his.

" I should have been the one comforting you here, but look at us now." Guilt ran through every one of his cells.
He regrets every thought and prejudice he held against her just from this one photo. And he regrets not catching on the truth and blindly believing a photo a random knight showed him.

" You don't have to worry about me. I'm completely fine. I was just shaken a bit earlier."
She flashed an assuring smile to him.

" Now, let's drive away from here unless that mad dude decides to do other stupid stuffs to us." She let go of his face.

Jiwoong walked over to open the door of the driver's seat.
Hana held his wrist and closed the door he just opened.
" Let me drive. You are not in a mood to do so."

" You can drive? "

" Hell yeah. Better than you, I bet"
He was getting more and more astonished the more he knew her.

The refined princess he saw in Paris was now cursing out loud in front of him. The forced smile he always noticed in her was not there anymore.
She had allowed herself to relax and show expressions of disgust and disappointment and sadness and everything else.

While these little things about her made him all smiley and giddy, It was the complete opposite for the girl.
She didn't like that she was showing her undefended and unfiltered side to him again and again.

" I will start looking for the boy in the photo." Jiwoong stated as he stared at his phone, looking at the controversial pic.

" It's no use. Judging from Taerae's confidence, we will never find any trace that connects all these to him." She replied, eyes on the road.

" By the way, let me see that damn picture." She stopped at the side of the road.

" Eww " She was clearly disgusted to the bones at seeing that a random person's lips were once in her neck.

" I would have also thought that I was a being a slut if you showed me this pic when my memory hasn't relapsed."
Jiwoong couldn't help but chuckle at her repetitive effort in trying to lessen his guilt.

...

Jiwoong kept staring at her as she drived towards their home.

" Judging from the way you reacted, it seems like Taerae has done stuff like these before too."
She broke the silence.

" It has been like that ever since his parents passed away. Taking these huge duties at such an age took a big toll on his mentality." He paused.

" Even I acknowledge that he is more fitting for the role of a monarch than me. I don't like these .... royalty stuff, the power struggle, the constant need to keep the public happy with your every move." He talked slowly as he fiddled with the sleeves of his shirt.

" Sometimes I want to run away from all these to a distant place and just do nothing. "

" Then let's do that." Her smile beamed brightly under the soft moonlight.

" Damn my wife is hot " He muttered under his breath watching her streer the wheel with one hand and take a big U-turn.

...

The newlywed couple's late night drive was full of a serene silence. No one talked or not did anyone feel the need to.

Just two people enjoying the tranquility of a late night drive.

" So, where are we going? " Hana eventually interrups the hushed atmosphere.

" I thought you were the one thats driving- "

" Exactly. I forgot to decide a destination." Lighly facepalming herself, she started cackling up with laughter.

" Today. was. a. big. day." She whined as she rummaged through her pocket to find her phone.

Opening google, She typed in -
"Nearest Beach"

"Northeast coast of Gangwon-do Province"

She mounthed as she handed the phone to him, which had the map to Naksan Beach opened.

" Navigation please. "

...

The sound of the gentle waves felt like music to Hana's ears as she walked along the beach.

The back of her hand brushed against the male beside her from time to time.

A gentle yet chilly breeze sent down shivers down her spine but she made no effort to warm herself. She enjoyed it.

The beach was her escape. Her escape from reality. A place where you could just stare at the seemingly endless view beyond the sea and a place where the soothing sound of the waves crashing tingles your ears.

But today there was another sound reaching her eardrums except for the waves and the wind. It was the sound of breathing of Jiwoong.

The night that had deepened alongside the many events of today was slowly dissolving. Faint sunlight was starting to illuminate the sky.

The beautiful white sand and clear blue water of the Naksan beach was coming into view.

And with that, the view of the girl sitting next to jiwoong was also getting brightened by the sunlight.

" Why is the sky so pretty?" Said the girl whilst a small wave dissapeared after soaking her up to her ankles.

She looked at the sky but He looked at her.

" Thank you, Hana "

...

" I see, You are there again." Zhang hao muttered as he looked at the phone app which showed Hana's location.

Hana was occasionally sneaking out late at night to drive to the beach. Except, the sneaking out part wasn't quite sneaking out, as Hao knew exactly where she was going.

" Am I being too cruel? "

...