Chapter 15 : Drive me crazy

Clutching onto the fabric of his shirt, Hana sniffed in the scent of Jiwoong's colong.

It was a nostalgic scent that told a story with every whiff, bottling feelings of tepid awkwardness and adolescent excitement.

Opening with smoky and sweet Opopanax, this fragrance unfolded into a floral Geranium, Labdanum and Violet heart and settled into a warm Patchouli and Vanilla base;
   Blending contrasting notes to get a harmonious, irresistible smell.

The scent reminded her of the day when she first met him. It was a fancy occasion for fancy people, somewhere in Europe, in a grand hall with extravagant decorations. She couldn’t remember exactly when, but it was somewhere in between 8 years ago to 7 years ago.

Two teenagers swaying their form according to the beat with the musical notes.

  A forgotten memory that was buried inside her nerves, was resurfaced again.

  The side of her waist barely brushed against the palm of the guy that stood before her. He was cautiosly holding the invisible air just above her skin, doing mathematical calculations in his head  to minimise any physical contact.

The Princess had never seen such a shy little boy in her 15 years of life.
" Lack of social skills "
That was her first impression of him.

To her utter surprise, in a spur of a moment, his hand had went around her waist, grasping it with a strong grip.
  A force from her back had led her to crash into his torso.
   To steady herself, Her hand that was placed on his shoulder, unconsciously slided down towards his chest.

His form was surprisingly well-built for someone that looked like he would be total nerd.
     " You... okay?  " He had asked, looking away, flushed from the unintended occurance.

Now, after many years had passed by. Her forehead was yet again pressed against his firm chest. However, they were no strangers now. They were bound together by law and by marriage.

They were not being forced to dance with a boring ass music, in a lavishly accessorized dance floor full of rich people with nothing else to do.
  They were in each others embrace, as the music of nature filled the empty winter air.

The night was cold. And his affectionate embrace warmed every cell of hers.

  Jiwoong's hands were wrapped around her shoulder as if she were the most vulnerable thing in the world, as if the universe would snatch her away from him any moment.

He took long and deep breaths, his chest inflating and deflating as the fresh air enters his lungs and comes back out again. 
   And thus, following the rhythm of his breathing, slightly back-and-forth moved the girl's head too. 

The rapid sound of his heart beating penetrated the muscle tissues and layers of skin that covered his chest and reached the girl's eardrums.

At one point, Jiwoong could've swore that he felt a single drop of water pouring down brushing against the hem of his shirt, damping it in the process.

But he didn't think much of it. Hell, he isn't thinking of anything. He's just too happy to be in this moment. Like a high school boy whose childish love had been accepted by his crush.