Chapter 4 : And Yet

After coming back from a long and exhausting flight, jiwoong loosened his tie and let his body fall on the bed.

He shut his eyes to take a quick nap when a notification sound came from his phone.

He picked his phone up. It was a Twitter dm from his undercover account "@.therealjiwoong"

" Dude, did you see the article posted?the one with our Jiwoong's fiancé? " 
User @.jiwoongology had messaged him.

"Huh. Nope. Send it to me." He replied.

Almost immediately the other person sent him a link.

It was an article that posted a picture of Hana with another man in the ballroom being really close. Furthermore, the angle made it look like their lips were almost touching.

Jiwoong let out sigh.
" I thought it was something serious but turns out it's just some silly specalution." He typed back.

" Ikr. They are accusing her of cheating on Jiwoong based on nothing." Jiwoong smiled knowing that people's reaction on this was mostly not negative.

    Someone knocked on his door.
"Come in." He said.

" Sir. I have something to tell you." One of the knights assigned to him entered.

Jiwoong looked at the man that was nervously sweating.

"Don't fret, just state your words quickly."

The man gulped down before saying,
" Sir, please don't punish me for it but I just thought it was important for you to see what I had witnessed."

He gave him his phone where a picture from his gallery was already opened up.

It was a picture which looked like it was clicked in the middle of a makeout session.

And the model in the picture was Hana and another man.
Even though The man's face in the article was blurred, it was obvious to Jiwoong that the man in the article he just saw and the man in this photo were the same person.

Jiwoong looked at her smudged lipstick, the lip marks on the males neck, her hand on that man's bare chest, that man's hand gripping her waist and that man's lips on his fiancé's neck.

"Where did you get this." He stared at the photo with a murderous gaze.

"I- I was instructed to accompany Princess Hana to the ball. A-and in the middle of the ball, Ma'am told me to stay downstairs and went up the stairs with this person. It was getting too long, I got worried, so I went upstairs to search for her. Th-then this is what I saw. I felt like you have to see this, that's why I quietly took a picture."

The man stated, sluttering every here and there.

" Was she drunk? "  Jiwoong asked.

"It's no big deal. People make unwanted mistakes when they are drunk."  Jiwoong said to himself, trying to regain composure and think logically.

" I believe not, Sir." He paused before continuing
" She had fixed her makeup once she came downstairs. "

Jiwoong heard the answer he was desperately hoping not to hear.

His pride was hurt.
He felt betrayed.

Just as Taerae predicted.

...

Hana woke up in her hotel room, with no recollection of yesterday night's event, starting from the moment she first felt dizzy.

Hurriedly, she called Huiying on the phone.

" Miss Hana, the guard said that you suddenly felt dizzy and passed out." That's what Huiying said.

Hana does remember herself getting dizzy and almost falling, when that guard caught her.

" I guess exhaustion from not sleeping the previous night got me."

Taerae's plan was perfect. There were no slip-ups. The driver, the guard, the waiter, the cameraman were his men.

He found Matthew, a struggling college student, in desperate need of money for his mother's operation. And when he offered money to him, he had no choice but to give in.

After they finished taking the needed photo, they carried her through the secret backdoor outside. The driver was already there waiting.

...

Today was the day of the engagement.
Which according to Taerae, should have not been happening.
Jiwoong swallowed up his pride and didn't immediately storm off to break the engagement.

She hurt his ego and he loathed her.

" I would've accepted whatever you did, if that man was your lover and you were being forced into a marriage with me against your will. But......Making out with a man that you met for the first time...in an event you attended as my fiancé? "
     Jiwoong's mind wondered around as he watched Hana entering the venue, with claps from all the guests.

He went forward to hold her hand and guide her ahead, as instructed beforehand.

Hana's eyes met Jiwoong's.
She gave him a tender smile and in return she received a half-supressed
Scorful snicker.

Hana's eyes wondered around the glamorous venue.

The soon-to-be bride and the groom stood in the middle, where the ring exchange is about to happen

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The soon-to-be bride and the groom stood in the middle, where the ring exchange is about to happen.

There was once a time, the girl dreamt about her wedding, a wedding with the person that loved her as much as she loved him.
The teenager Hana had dreamt of a happy domestic life of a couple doing silly things together and finding bliss in it.

And yet, today, even in the moment, she is putting on the ring on her soon-to-be-husband, she has maintain the artificial polite smile on her face.

Jiwoong kissed her knucle after sliding in the ring on her ring finger and then looked at her with big smile.

And yet, she saw no love, no admiration, no tenderness in his gaze.

Jiwoong observed his carefully chosen ring on her hand. The scene he was excited to see just 2 day before, was now before his eyes.

And yet, he didn't feel anything.

They looked forward in unison, facing the crowd.

Hana eyes especially went to her brother, Zhang Hao, who was clapping with a big joyous smile.

His hands travelled through her back to grab her waist.
Her whole body hardened from the tingle.

"Stop being so stiff. There are cameras." With his lips slightly brushing against her ear, he whispered.

...

Princess | Kim Jiwoongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें