Chapter 6 : Kiss Me

" I thought it was a family banquet, what is that guy doing here?" An annoyed Gyuvin whispered in the ears of his brother, while side-eyeing his rival, Gunwook.

" He IS family " Jiwoong mouthed without looking back at him.

Everyone in the dinner table was dressed in a formal attire. While Gyuvin was wearing a hoodie, his back drenched in sweat from just coming back from playing basketball.

"Yujin, lemon water." Gyuvin called out the maid who was standing nearby.

"For the hundreth time, It's YURI!!" The girl mentally cursed at him.

While pouring the lemon water into his glass, she almost gagged at the terrible sweat odor.

" How are you settling in, dear? " Jiwoong's mom, the Queen asked, looking at Hana's direction.

" There is no particular difficulty, Your Majesty." She made sure to phrase her words in a way that will make the Queen sense like something's wrong.

" My son is not that bright when it comes to the concept of treating a woman well. Accept my apology on his stead. " The Queen's voice was absolutely ethereal. Hana could sense pure kindness and generosity just from the way she looked at her.
" Also, just call me Eomoni, No need for all that formality. " As these words left her mouth, Hana saw the warmest and sincerest smile she has seen in a long while.

She reminded her of her own mother. Before.... Before she became like she is now.

The conversation gradually shifted towards professional and business focused topics. It was inevitable, since the governors of the country were gathered in one spot.

Everyone else except for Gunwook and Gyuvin were attentively following the conversation.
Hana took this chance to learn more about how things work around here, since she will have to take her own duties as a princess consort.

Amongst the busy discussion, a pair of eyes sensed the heavy air between Jiwoong and Hana.

A slight smirk formed on his lips.
" Guess my efforts didn't go to waste fully."

...

Midnight blue deepened over a broad and starlit sky.

Accompanied by the load of scrambled and unorganized feelings, the anxious girl pondered deep while brushing her hair.
A sudden knock on the door startled her.
" At this hour? Who could it be" She tried reading the knocking pattern. But it was an unfamiliar one.

Upon opening the door, She saw the familiar musculine figure standing before her.

" Prince Jiwoong?" She was genuinely astonished.

He wore a white crew-neck sweater with black sweatpants.
His sleeves were rolled up exposing his veiny forearm.

She didn't mean to stare but the transparent framed eyeglasses made it almost impossible not to.

After locking the door behind him, He made his way inside her chamber with his hands on his pockets.

" Take a sit and please do state the reason for your highness's arrival in my humble chamber " She said with an obvious sarcasm.