Chapter 50 | Through Hell And Back

Începe de la început

"Everyone, grab a wooden sword." You ordered, crossing your arms as you waited for each of them to get their things.

"Now," You began as you grabbed your own wooden sword.

"All of you, hit me with all your might. From there, i'll see where you all stand. Once you get hit with a wooden sword, you're out." Everyone got into stance as you stood there nonchalantly, waiting for someone to strike first.

"Start!" All at once, the slayers ran towards you with their swords raised, surrounding you in a circle and aiming attacks.

A boy with a buzzcut swung his sword towards you, but you simply leaned back and dodged, using the butt of your sword handle to hit the nape of his neck, knocking him down.

Another swordsmen aimed to hit your legs, but you jumped up and landed back down behind him, whacking his head with the wood.

You saw another demon slayer charge at you with his sword pointed at you, so you instantly ducked and watched as he got hit by a slayer from behind you.

From their point of view, you were disappearing and reappearing in different spots, immediately whacking them with your wooden sword.

This continued until they were all laying on the ground, grabbing the parts of their bodies that was hit. You sighed, gazing at them all with slight disappointment.

"Get up. Line up over there. One by one, you will fight me. Your reflexes are sloppy, and none of you are agile. You mustn't give up! Who's up first?" You looked, but no one budged.

"You, with the buzzcut. Come here. You're first." As much as you hated beating up kids to work harder, orders were orders. There was no exception.

Besides, when you heard that Uzui was joining the hashira training, he went to you and told you to be harsh no matter the circumstances, even if it was your brother and your friends.

...

You heard from Tanjiro that he visited Giyuu in hopes of getting him to join the training, which ended in Giyuu eventually agreeing.

Tanjiro had recovered and had just joined the training, and in a few weeks did he show up to your class. Just as he showed up, you finished training Genya, Zenitsu, and Inosuke.

They were a good bunch and kept you entertained. They passed fairly quickly. Well, Genya and Inosuke did.

Zenitsu insisted on staying because you treated him better than the rest of the hashira, and he couldn't bear to leave you alone. He was clingy. It took you a couple days to shake him off.

"Tanjiro! I was wondering when you'd show up." You gasped, a smile breaking out on your once stoic face.

You had begun to work the swordsmen you were training a bit harder, and you felt yourself getting a little frustrated. But once Tanjiro showed up, you felt all energy come back to you.

"I still can't believe you're a hashira! I'm excited to learn!" Tanjiro beamed. It didn't take long for him to change his mind about learning, though.

You had beat and hurt Tanjiro while training him. "You've gotten faster, but i know you're capable of more, Tanjiro. Come on. Again." Tanjiro was surprised you were so rough on him.

Of course, you had more duties than before, but he didn't know that you were that strong. He was fully convinced you've hid your full strength and haven't showed him yet.

But it wouldn't make sense because you had just encountered an upper moon. Then he remembered that you were injured and got even more injured afterwards. After, you recovered really fast and got back onto your feet just as fast.

So.. was this the result of all that harsh training you've began to do ever since... Kyojuro had passed? Of course it was.

All he had to do was land one hit on you, anywhere, and then he'd be able to see the next hashira, Muichiro.

Tanjiro had been at your residence for five days, and today was his sixth. It would finally be the day he could pass.

Tanjiro watched your movements, seeing as you flickered all about, swinging your sword as you did so.

Luckily, he was able to dodge and focused closely on how you moved.

Soon enough, Tanjiro was able to pick up on your movements and could now move at your speed and use your moves.

Eventually, his wooden sword came in contact with your side. "I did it! I did it, Y/n!" Tanjiro raised his arms in triumph. After four days of training with you, he could move on.

"I'm impressed. Only six days of training and you've passed. Go ahead to the next hashira, Tanjiro." You smiled and pat his head, watching him smile widely and then hug you.

"Thank you. Make sure to eat well." He said as he grabbed his things and began to take his leave.

The rest of the demon slayers cheered for Tanjiro, but stopped when you put your hands on your hips.

"Nearly half of you have been here for two weeks. Grab a wooden sword, we're sparring." You said sternly.

____________________________

I lied. This chapter isn't long at all 😜. Also, slower updates from now on. Can't spoil you guys everyday now, can I?

-Moonlxghts

(1509 words)