Chapter 52 | Farewell

Sorry for not updating as frequently as I've usually been doing 🫢. I was on a little vacation 😍😍. Anyways, let me spoil u bbgs with this long chap 😚.

Enjoy!

*second person p.o.v.*

Your legs moved as fast as they could to the Ubuyashiki estate. You were a few feet in front of Giyuu and Tanjiro who were also sprinting towards the estate.

You had your sword and mask on your body, prepared to fight for your Master. You had to keep your mask off to be able enhance your sense of smell.

With each step you took, the bad feeling you had grew in your stomach. If something were to happen to the Ubuyashiki family, everything would fall apart.

Your mind ran back to the hashira meeting. No pillars guarded the Ubuyashiki estate due to Kagaya Ubuyashiki and his family refusing protection, so this made panic arise.

You felt anxiety bubble up in your stomach as sweat dripped down your face. You could see the building enter your vision from afar and forced yourself to run faster.

The training you had done earlier must have tired you out, because your feet could only take you so far.

But before you could reach the building, or before any hashira could in fact, the building exploded.

You felt a shiver rush through your body as you widened your eyes in horror. Your mouth opened, and a gasp emitted.

You grabbed your mouth, covering your nose as the smell of blood and flesh entered your nostrils. You felt nauseous, like you were going to faint.

"Hurry! Keep on running!" Giyuu grabbed you firmly, forcing you to move. A mantra of 'Master' could be heard from every hashira as they rushed over in concern.

"It's Muzan! Muzan Kibutsuji! This guy won't die even if you cut his head off!" Gyomei had shouted, already standing where the Ubuyashiki estate once was.

What replaced the feeling of nausea was a feeling of injustice and the urge to kill Muzan.

Every hashira, and Tanjiro, used one of their forms from their breathing techniques to approach the demon lord.

'Hinokami kagura.. flame dance!'  Before anyone could fully perform their techniques, everyone had fallen through the floor, away from Muzan.

"You seriously thought you could corner me?! You're all going to hell now! You pathetic demon slayer pests!! I'm slaughtering you all tonight!" A disgusting grin was on Muzan's face as he mocked you all.

"You're going to hell, Muzan, you bastard!" You shouted back. "You're not getting away! We'll defeat you for sure!" Tanjiro had also shouted.

"Come and get me if you can, Y/n and Tanjiro Kamado!" Once you all fully fell through, a door slid shut and you landed on the ground under you.

"Tanjiro!" Giyuu grunted, picking him up and throwing your brother before he could fall to his death. "Behind you!" You warned as a demon was about to claw Tanjiro.

In a second, Tanjiro had slashed the demon's head off. Just then, several demons had burst through the door next to Tanjiro.

Using water breathing, you used the tenth form, constant flux. Giyuu and Tanjiro used two different forms of water breathing to help behead the rest of the demons, and in a second, they were already disintegrating.