Chapter 31 | Farewell For Now

*second person p.o.v.*

"Okay, ready? Go!" Tanjiro ran forward at you with such speed, you were caught off guard. Luckily, you used your speed to disappear from Tanjiro's sight. He quickly changed directions and ran back at you again.

You jumped over Tanjiro this time, using your hands to push off his back and land a flip. Tanjiro had to turn around again, quickly running after you.

You stopped adruptedly and watched Tanjiro go past you, stumbling and turning back around to you again.

This time he jumped forward, making you duck down. He tumbled down on the floor and ran at you once more, reaching out to your wrist.

Before you could disappear, Tanjiro used his foot to push off the floor and catch your wrist before you could disappear. "Haha! I did it!" Tanjiro cheered. He fell atop of you with a grunt. "Ouch." You mumbled.

"Sorry." Tanjiro sat up sheepishly. "Great job!" Naho congratulated. "Yay! You finally did it!" Kiyo clapped. "Yeah, great job, Tanjiro." You ruffled Tanjiro's hair with a smile.

"Thanks, big sis! I couldn't have done it without your help!" Tanjiro hugged you and celebrated with Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi.

*timeskip*

After another full day of training, you woke up in the early morning and sat on the rooftop meditating and keeping up your breathing.

Your crow flew down over to you, sitting in front of you and tilting its head. Your eyes opened, glancing down at the bird in confusion. "What is it?" You gummed.

"The casualties of the Mugen train are increasing. Over forty people have gone missing. You, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu are to join Kyojuro Rengoku on-site. Head west at once!" Your crow explained.

"Another mission? All right then. I should pack and get ready." You said with a nod. You were curious, since Kyojuro would be joining you, a hashira. Your crow began to raise its wings.

"Oh, and before you go, please come with me." You jumped down from the rooftop and landed safely, going inside with your crow. You opened the drawer to the nightstand and grabbed a little hat and scarf.

"For you." You held out your hand with the little blue hat and scarf. The crow nudged it and looked back up at you.

"During the mission on Mt. Natagumo, my haori was slightly damaged. Some fabric ripped off, so i made a little hat and scarf for you. Now we can match!" You explained happily.

With consent, you put on the scarf and hat on Sanzo. "There! You look great." You gave your bird a little pet before he nodded in thanks and left out the window.

The sun soon rose, so you left your room to say goodbye to the friends you made over the past weeks.

While walking down the hall you saw Giyuu. "Goodmorning, Tomioka. How are you?" You asked. "Oh. I'm fine. I heard you were going on a mission to the Mugen train today." Giyuu replied.

"That's right. I'll be accompanying Rengoku with Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu, including Nezuko." You smiled at Giyuu brightly.

"I see. I wish you good luck on your mission. Be careful and try not to get hurt again." You and Giyuu bowed your heads down and continued walking in opposite directions down the hall.

First, you went outside to Aoi. "You're leaving already? It wasn't for long, but i'm glad we got to spend that time together. Good luck and take care!" Aoi said.

"Thank you so much for looking out for us, even though you had other things to do. Thanks to you, we can get back into battle without worry." Aoi stopped fluffing out the laundry and looked down.

"No need to thank me. I only survived the final selection by sheer luck, after all. And since then, i've been too afraid to go back into battle. I'm nothing but a coward." Aoi took the white cloth down from the hanging wrack.

"That doesn't matter. You helped me out, more than you could think, Aoi. Your feelings are apart of me now. I'll carry them out onto the battlefield with me. And don't say that you're a coward, okay? You're more than that. Now then, i must be off. Look after me if i get hurt again, okay?" You bowed your head down gratefully.

"No, don't get hurt again, okay? Try not to get injured. I want you to come back unscathed." Aoi said.

"If that's what you want, then of course. I'll try my best. Again, thank you so much for your help." You ran off and began looking for Kanao.

"Ah, Kanao! There you are!" Kanao was sat down outside, staring at the coin in her hand. "We're heading out now. Thanks for everything." You bowed your head and looked back at her to see Kanao staring at her hand.

It looked like she was pondering about something. She opened her mouth, and closed her palm with the small object in her hand, and put it to her side.

"A-all i did.... was follow the M-Master's orders. There's no need for you to thank me. F.. farewell." She stammered as if she was struggling to speak.

Tanjiro must've visited her earlier. "Is there something wrong, Kanao?" You asked sweetly. "No.... nothing." She shook her head and clenched her fists.

"If that's all, then yes. Farewell for now." You walked away from Kanao and went to go get equipped.

Once you grabbed everything needed, you met outside with your younger brother, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and the three little girls who worked in the butterfly mansion.

"You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!" The three of them cheered, as you four blew into the large gourds. They finally broke after a few seconds. "Hooray!" The three girls threw their arms up in celebration.

"Please take this." Kiyo handed a basket filled with rice balls. "Thank you so much." You thanked. "Please go out and defeat tons of demons!" They said.

Inosuke grabbed and shoved rice balls into his mouth while Zenitsu scolded him. "Tomioka?" Tanjiro called out as he ran to Giyuu. You stayed in place and chatted with the three younger girls until it was time to leave.

"Take care, you guys!" The girls cried. "You're all heartbroken to say goodbye to me, aren't you? I can stay behind if it upsets you!" Zenitsu said. "Master Zenitsu, please try to learn how to be considerate and respectful of girls."

Zenitsu snapped up and nodded. "Right." He said. "I feel giddy." Inosuke muttered. You sighed as Zenitsu kept rambling on that Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho should at least be sad that he was leaving.

"Okay, guys. We're leaving now!" You all waved bye as you ran off to your next mission.

______________________________________________________

You all know what's gonna happen next. RENGOKU DONUT-

-Moonlxght

(1148 words)