Chapter 37 | Annoying Woman

*second person p.o.v.*

"What would you, Y/n, and i need to talk about?" Kyojuro asked. "I'm meeting you for the first time, and i already dislike you." Akaza said.

"Is that right?" Kyojuro questioned. "Well, i loathe weak humans, too. The sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl." Akaza said.

"Then, it looks like our senses of value are completely different." Kyojuro replied. "All right, then i have a brilliant proposal for you. Why don't you become a demon, too? You and the girl." Akaza suggested.

"What do i have to do with this?" You asked. "Because you're a woman. I don't hurt women, nor do i devour them. And you're a weakling, but you're stronger than that boy over there so you might be worthy enough." Akaza explained, "So? What do you say?" Akaza asked.

"No, i will not." You replied firmly. "Neither will i." Kyojuro said.

"I can tell your strength at a glance. One with the gaudy hair, you're a hashira, aren't you? Your fighting spirit has been honed to the hilt. It's close to the realm of the highest." Akaza pointed out.

"I'm the flame hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku." Kyojuro said.

"Kyojuro..... let me tell you why you can't enter the realm of the highest. Because you're human. Because you're going to grow old. Because you're going to die. Become a demon, Kyojuro. Do that, and you can go on training for a hundred, for two hundred years. You can become stronger." Akaza attempted to persuade Kyojuro.

You slowly backed away and beside Tanjiro who was tapping your leg earlier. "What is it?" You whispered as Kyojuro and Akaza conversed.

"This one has the strongest scent of Kibutsuji....! You have to help him fight!" Tanjiro whispered. You nodded and stood back up.

"This boy and girl aren't weak! Don't insult them. I'll repeat it as many times as it takes. You and i have different senses of value. No matter what the reason, neither i nor Y/n will become a demon!" Kyojuro said.

"I see." Akaza slammed his foot into the ground, and was now standing on a glowing snowflake.

"If you refuse to become a demon, Kyojuro.... i'll kill you." Akaza said. Akaza ran forward. "Protect Tanjiro, Y/n!" Kyojuro shouted as he ran at Akaza.

They both fought, and they fought so fast, you could barely keep up with their movements. Flashes of fire and fists of air were the only things you could catch as they fought.

Inosuke walked over, and Tanjiro tried getting up, but you put your arms out to stop them both.

"Stay where you are!" Kyojuro shouted. They both froze in their spots. "If that wound opens, it'll be fatal!" Kyojuro warned.

"Stand back! That's an order!" Kyojuro ordered. "Don't bother with that weakling, Kyojuro! Come on, give me your best shot!" Akaza laughed.

Kyojuro used his sword like a baseball bat and hit Akaza into the forest, running after the demon.

A few seconds later, Kyojuro was hit out of the forest. "Rengoku!" Tanjiro called out. "Ol' goggle-eyes!" Inosuke said. "Huh?" You looked at Inosuke with confusion. What type of nickname was that?

Akaza emerged out of the forest and once again tried to persuade Kyojuro to become a demon, but he refused.

While they spoke, Kyojuro decided to let you into the fight after contemplating carefully. Kyojuro hoped he didn't make the wrong decision.