Chapter 10 | Next Mission

*second person p.o.v.*

Nezuko stepped out of the box and got into stance. You went to their side and also got into stance. The demon Nezuko kicked turned its head back into its original position and was taken back into the black liquid, and Nezuko took her eyes away from it and turned to Kazumi and the girl, putting her hands on their face and head. 

You smiled softly at the sight, but then your attention was brought to the other two demons who reappeared again. Nezuko walked forward, veins bulging out of her forehead as she began to run. She jumped up and raised her foot, bringing it down only to hit the ground. Nezuko looked at the other demon who chuckled and sank into the ground. Nezuko went after it, but Tanjiro topped her.

"Nezuko! Don't chase after him! Get back here! Come back to me." Tanjiro ordered. She ran back with mini hops. A black hole appeared and out came on of the demons, reaching its hand out to grab Nezuko. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro called out. She jumped over the demon and stopped in front of you both. 

"Tanjiro, Nezuko's fine on her own. She's a demon now. Master Urokodaki said we don't need to look out for her so much now." You said. "I... i know." He mumbled. Suddenly, the ground underneath you turned black. You and Tanjiro jumped away from it, seeing another black circle appear beside Nezuko. One of the demons jumped out and tried slashing at Nezuko. She stepped back and dodged, standing in front of Kazumi and the girl protectively.

"Y/n, i'm going in. You and Nezuko can take care of things from up here." Tanjiro said. "Of course." You smiled. "Nezuko! Please protect those two!" Tanjiro says. She nods eith a small grunt. Tanjiro smiles, stepping into the black liquid. "Be careful, Tanjiro." You said before he fully sunk down. "Always." He nods. 

One of the demons behind you appeared and ran at you. You raised your blade and also charged at the demon. With both of its hands out reaching towards you, you slice them off up to the forearm. The demon quickly regenerated its arms and ran at you again. It clawed at you from left and right, you dodging all its attacks. Kazumi tried following your movements, but it was like a blur to him. You were too fast.

The demon kicked at you, but you jumped high up in the air, high enough where you were above the demon. The demon looked around, then up, scowling at you. "I need to eat you! You've gone stale enough!" The demon exclaimed. 

'Second form. Water wheel!' You spun forward slightly, a circle of water forming horizontally. The demon began grinding its teeth together, and was about to sink into the water, but you were already there.

You cut his head off clean, landing in front of the demon on your feet. "No, no, no, no, no!" The demon shouted as his whole head fades away along with his body. You spun your sword around your hands, letting it glide across your hands and fingers, then sliding it back into your katana holder. You walked back over to Tanjiro and Nezuko, who had both defeated the demons they battled against.

You crouched down beside a sleeping Nezuko, gently touching her forehead, careful not to hit her wound. "The bleeding has stopped. I guess sleeping really does help her." You mumbled. Tanjiro set down the box, opening the door to let Nezuko in. Carefully, you pick her up and out her in, closing the door afterwards. 

Tanjiro slipped on the box, looking over to Kazumi who was sat down, staring at the ground with wide eyes. You took off your mask and attached it to your hip, walking over to Kazumi with Tanjiro and crouching down. "Mr. Kazumi. Are you all right?" Tanjiro asked. He looked up at you with tears in his eyes. "My fiancée is dead. How could i be all right?" He cried softly.

"Mr. Kazumi. No matter how many people you hold dear pass away, you have no choice but to move on. No matter how devastating the blows may be. You can cry, you can scream, but you have to move on." You said. "She's right. Things will get better." Tanjiro smiled. He grabbed your haori in a tight grip, looking at you and Tanjiro with nothing but anger. 

"What the hell do you guys know?! You're both just kids!" He exclaimed. You grab his wrist gently, smiling sadly at him. Tanjiro also smiled sadly. He slowly let go of your haori, and you stood up. "We'll be on our way now. Take this." Tanjiro said, handing him a cloth. Kazumi opened it to see a bunch of hairpins, including Satoko's red bow. Kazumi cried and put his forehead on the bow, holding it ever so gently. You and Tanjiro bow and start walking away.

Kazumi gasped and looked at your retreating figures, realization settling in. He thought that you two must have went through the same. "I... i'm sorry! That was an awful thing to say! Please forgive me! I'm so sorry!" He cried. You and Tanjiro turned around and waved. Kazumi took notice of your hands, seeing how Tanjiro's looked rough, while yours was bandaged. 

"I'm leaving that girl in your hands! Please bring her home safely!" You called out. "Got it! Got it." Kazumi cried. You and Tanjiro continued walking away, walking through town until the sun fully rose. Tanjiro stopped suddenly, his hands in fists with his face filled with anger. You stopped and got in front of Tanjiro, gently using your thumb to smooth out his skin.

"Relax your face. You might get wrinkles." You giggled. "Oh... sorry, big sis. I can't help it." He muttered, chuckling sheepishly afterwards. Tanjiro's crow flew down and landed on Tanjiro's shoulder, shouting out your next mission. 

"Next on the list: Asakusa, Tokyo! There's rumors of a demon lurking there!" The crow cawed. "We have a mission already?" Tanjiro asked in disbelief. "Yes, yes you do!" The crow replied. "Give me a minute!" Tanjiro said. "No can do!" The crow cawed. You laughed a bit, grabbing your mask and putting it back on. "Let's go. To Asakusa, Tokyo it is." You grabbed Tanjiro's hand and walked forward.

___________________________________________________

(1064 words)