Honeymoon (Story 8 - Chapter 1)

With Venno and Dexx: 

It was shortly after the wedding, and all of the guests had moved to the large dining room for the reception. 

Both Venno and Dexx were seated at the head table, at the very front, along with their daughter Elvira who was seated in a highchair between them. 

To the left of Venno sat her family, and to the right of Dexx sat Scott and Jerry. Considering Dexx didn’t have any family who could attend the wedding, Jerry and Scott had offered to sit on his side of the table so that it didn’t feel so empty. 

So far, everyone was enjoying the dinner that the Spider Mafia demons had made, some even asking for seconds. 

After the dinner, the real party would be getting started, something that DJ was especially excited for considering he would be the literal DJ for it. 

Venno smiled when she saw that letting the Spider Mafia demons take care of the catering had been a great idea. 

Venno was suddenly startled out of her thoughts by the sound of someone tapping their fork against their glass. 

“Let’s have a toast, to the newly married couple” announced Thorn, the Skeletal Viking demon deciding now would be a good time for a toast, now standing up with his wine glass in hand. 

In response, everyone raised their glasses, including both Venno and Dexx, the two taking a drink along with everyone else. 

Once finished, Dexx quickly grabbed the small glass of grape juice from the table and helped his daughter take a small sip from it so that it wouldn’t spill on her dress, the Velociraptor Angler demoness giggling as she did. 

“Oh, careful there, Elvira. Wouldn’t want grandma to see you with a juice stain on the dress she made you” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon chuckling lightly as he placed the glass down on the table before grabbing the napkin and wiping away the small droplets from her mouth. 

Venno smiled as she watched this, the Velociraptor demoness knowing how good of a father Dexx would be just by watching this small action. 

“Now then, I think it’s time for the best man to tell his speech” announced Thorn, the Skeletal Viking demon turning his attention down to where Barry was seated at a nearby table. 

The Wolf Hound demon perked up when he heard this, now chuckling nervously as his ears lowered and eyes darting around. 

“Uh, heh, to be honest I kind of forgot about that part, what with everything going on today and what not” said Barry, the Wolf Hound demon now standing up and walking over so he was standing up front near the couple. 

DJ quickly grabbed the microphone he had from his DJ booth, the Neon demon deciding to throw it from where he stood instead of rushing it over to Barry by hand. 

“Yo, heads up, Barry” called DJ, the Neon demon smiling excitedly. 

The Microphone sailed a little higher than DJ had intended on throwing though, the thing appearing as if it were sailing directly towards Jerry, but luckily Barry had quick enough reflexes to catch the thing before it could hit his former boss.

Jerry, who had his head down with a cigar in his hand, slowly lifted his head so his eyes were barely visible from under the rim of his fedora, the Spider demon shooting the Neon demon a deadly glare.

“DJ, seriously?” whisper shouted Roxxane, the Neon demoness clearly pissed off with what her boyfriend did. 

DJ, still smiling, had already returned to his seat and was now smiling in confusion.