The Angle Rapters (Story 3 - Chapter 2)

With Dexx: 

The Anglerfish demon had been waiting for Venno to return, but the Velociraptor demoness had yet to come home for over two hours past the normal time she would arrive. 

Dexx had been beginning to get worried, but then he had gotten a call from her thirty minutes ago that she had to stay late because of a few emergencies that had to be taken care of. 

The Anglerfish demon sighed, having been sitting at one of the tables closest to the doorway in the large dining area in the casino, all the lights dimmed just waiting for Venno to return. 

He didn’t want to do anything too grand, so he had just opted to propose with a light yet passionate atmosphere that he thought was perfect for the Velociraptor demoness. 

He had even told the Spider Mafia demons ahead of time that he would be needing the dining area, so they had agreed to meet at a restaurant for the night instead of the casino dining room. 

Glancing down at the small box on the table, the thing closed to hide the ring, Dexx sighed once again before hanging his head in disappointment, his bulb flickering lightly. 

Grabbing the box and getting up, Dexx walked out of the room before quickly turning the lights off. 

He had been on his way to the elevators when Venno quickly entered the casino, having said goodbye to Barry and Fiona, the two Canine demons having stayed behind to help her get home safely. 

“I’m so sorry that I didn’t come home earlier. So much had happened today that I sort of snapped. First Scott comes in and tells me that an Octopus demon managed to escape into the air vents so we had to put the place on lockdown until we found him, and then Barry comes in right after telling me one of the Bounty Hunters got hurt in the training room so I didn’t know what to do first considering I had to call an ambulance but the building was put on lockdown so nobody could enter or leave until the Octopus demon was found” explained Venno as she rushed over to Dexx, the Anglerfish demon both shocked and confused as to what she was saying.

Dexx didn’t even get a chance to ask Venno to slow down because the next thing he knew, she just continued explaining what had happened. 

“And then Fiona comes in and says that she got mad at a bounty she had been interrogating and the next thing she knew he was unconscious on the chair so she got really worried that she might have hurt him. And all at the same time, I was trying to communicate and tell two bounty hunters what to do since I had asked Emile to help the new recruit who got himself into a fight with his bounty” explained Venno quickly, causing Dexx to freeze up in shock. 

Dexx quickly shook his head once he had managed to process what she said, the Anglerfish demon’s ears lowering slightly. 

“Oh, well it’s great that you managed to come home before it got too late. I was about to head over to see if you needed to be walked home since I didn’t think anyone would have remained” said Dexx, a little disappointed that she hadn’t thought of this sooner. 

If he had thought of picking Venno up and walking her home, they could have stopped somewhere romantic so he could propose. 

Dexx sighed and managed to slide the small black box into the pocket of his jacket, knowing he had been denied the chance he wanted and he missed a good opportunity to still do it despite it being a little late out. 

Venno chuckled, the Velociraptor demoness patting his shoulder reassuringly. 

“It’s alright, Barry and Fiona stayed behind to help me. Scott had to leave early, though, which was alright with me. Anyway, we should go get some sleep. My parents will be coming over tomorrow after work. Don’t forget, Bounty Hunters don’t hunt on weekends, so it’s just a half day to take care of some business at the Bounty Hunter Agency” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness knowing Dexx would normally forget about the weekend thing that she had started doing.