The Bloodlust Hounds (Story 4 - Chapter 2)

With Dexx: 

The Anglerfish demon had made it to the jewelry store, the owner happened to be the one who also makes custom engagement rings and other jewelry as well. 

“I was coming in early to prepare the custom engagement ring for tomorrow’s pick up, all it needed was a little shine and it was done, but then I saw the door wide open. When I came inside to see what was going on, there was that Wolf Hound demon, I think he was the drummer for The Bloodlust Hounds, with the ring in his hand. Somehow he managed to pick the lock on both the front doors and the display case where I keep my custom works. Why did it have to be a custom ring? Any other ring would have done perfectly fine with me, but it had to be that one which was due for pick up tomorrow” exclaimed the owner, the dread and worry evident on his face. 

Dexx nodded in understanding, the Anglerfish demon a little puzzled as to why the Wolf Hound demon took the custom wedding ring and not any other wedding ring. 

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll get it back for you once I bring him in to the Bounty Hunter Agency. My fiance will let you know once I’ve caught and brought him in for questioning” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon, smiling confidently. 

The owner perked up when he heard the last part. 

“Oh, I remember the ring I made for you. I’m happy to hear that you’re now engaged. And to the new Overlord of Bounty Hunting, too” said the owner when he recalled who the Overlord of Bounty Hunting was, especially since Venno had called him several minutes before Dexx had arrived. 

Dexx chuckled and nodded, the Anglerfish demon smiling. 

“That’s right, we haven't started planning the actual wedding yet, but we were thinking of maybe having it once the baby is born. Anyway, let’s get back to the important matter at hand. I should be on my way if you want that ring back for tomorrow” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon deciding not to chat for too long since the owner was still showing signs of being worried about telling the customer about the now missing engagement ring. 

The owner nodded after Dexx had said this, now frowning. 

“Yes, of course. Please get it back, I’m afraid of what the customer might say if I tell him the ring is missing” said the owner. 

After leaving the jewelry store, Dexx was running along the rooftops of the tall buildings, on his way to find out where he might be able to find the band of which the Wolf Hound demon was a part of. 

Quickly taking a small break on top of one of the taller rooftops in the area, Dexx decided to take his walkie talkie out of his backpack and see if Scott would be of any help, especially since Venno had the Possum demon help her a few times when she was hunting bounties. 

“Hey Scott, you there?” said Dexx through his walkie talkie, the Anglerfish demon hoping Scott had returned to his desk, considering the Possum demon rarely carried his walkie talkie around with him.

After a few minutes of silence on the other end, Dexx was beginning to get impatient, the Anglerfish demon about to yell through the walkie talkie out of frustration when he was suddenly interrupted. 

“Sorry for the wait, I didn’t expect anyone contacting me through my walkie talkie. I got startled and dropped a box full of folders on my face, but I’m fine” said Scott quickly, the Possum demon trying to laugh it off, but Dexx could still hear the pain in his voice. 

Dexx cringed when he heard this, the Anglerfish demon feeling bad about causing that, but he quickly shook his head and regained himself. 

“Listen, I don’t know anything about this band the bounty is in, and I know that you’ve helped Venno a few times whenever she needed some extra guidance while out on hunts. Do you think you could help me by doing the same thing?” asked Dexx, the Anglerfish demon deciding to give Scott the choice whether he wanted to help or not.