From Bounty to Hunter (Story 1 - Chapter 4)

With Dexx:

The Anglerfish demon was sitting in the viewing room beside Venno. Scott and the Falcon demon were also sitting in the room, leaving only Fiona in the interrogation room with the Rooster demon known as Winston Cooper.

Since the Rooster demon was being cooperative, his hands weren't handcuffed to the table.

Dexx was barely paying attention to the interrogation, though, the Anglerfish demon glancing away with his arms crossed.

Venno snuck a quick glance at the Anglerfish demon, the Velociraptor demoness frowning when she saw the look of worry and slight frustration on his face.

"What's wrong, Dexx?" asked Venno, the Velociraptor demoness making sure to speak quietly.

Dexx sighed, the Anglerfish demon shaking his head before answering.

"I was hoping that my first bounty would have been more of a chase. He just came with me willingly without trying to put up a fight" said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon shrugging.

Venno frowned and nodded in agreement, the Velociraptor demoness returning her attention back to the interrogation taking place on the other side of the one way mirror window.

"Yeah, both his parents had been a team when they were still out on the streets. He grew up helping them. I find it a little hard to believe that he would just come willingly without putting up a fight or anything" said Venno.

Victor, the Falcon demon sitting just behind Venno and Dexx, cleared his throat and caught their attention.

"If you ask me, which you didn't, I would keep a sharp eye on him. He may not be showing it right now, but I can tell he's up to something. I hardly believe that I was able to talk him out of giving up on what he and his parents did. Maybe he realized that pulling it off on his own was a bad idea, so he decided to give up for the time being, but who's to say" said Victor, the Falcon demon narrowing his eyes at the Rooster demon.

Venno nodded in understanding as Dexx tilted his head to the side in worry. Scott had quickly glanced over with a worried frown on his face, but he quickly went back to paying attention to the interrogation.

"What do you mean by that? What do you think will happen?" asked Dexx, the Anglerfish demon suddenly feeling protective over his girlfriend.

Victor just glanced over at him quickly before returning his attention back to the interrogation, a grim look in his eyes.

"I was forced to retire early because I was careless. I thought the Dragon demon who was brought in was unconscious completely, but he wasn't. I'm just saying, be careful. His father is now gone and his mother was taken in, and guess who did both" said Victor, the Falcon demon giving Venno a quick glance.

Dexx now understood what the Falcon demon meant, the Anglerfish demon now feeling his heart race as his worried gaze went from Venno to the Rooster demon who was being interrogated.

Dexx quickly got up so suddenly that it startled Venno, Victor and Scott, the three confused and concerned of what the Anglerfish demon was doing.

"Dexx, what are you doing?" asked Venno quickly, the Velociraptor demoness about to get up when Dexx suddenly stopped her by quickly kneeling in front of her.

"Don't worry about me. I'm more worried about you" said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon frowning as he looked into her worried eyes.

Venno was about to say something, but she just frowned and nodded in understanding.

Dexx smiled and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before standing back up, the Anglerfish demon turning and walking into the interrogation room.

Fiona gasped in shock and confusion, the Pomeranian demoness having not expected Dexx to burst in.