The Spider's Broken Web (Story 6 - Chapter 4)

With Dexx:

The Anglerfish demon was standing on the rooftop of the building that was across the street from the hotel the bounty was most likely staying in for a while, his records showing that he had recently checked in as a guest. 

The second Dexx had gotten to the Bounty Hunter Agency with the tape, Scott had snatched it from his hands and quickly went through the security footage before getting a wanted poster made in record time. 

Just under ten minutes, it had taken, which was a record breaker considering it normally took thirty. 

All the while, the Possum demon said nothing, not a single word in exchange when Dexx had arrived from when he had left. 

Now he was keeping an eye out for the bounty that Scott had somehow identified from the footage, the denizen appearing to be some sort of green Imp, unlike the usual red, pink, and sometimes rare purple species. 

Dexx perked up when he saw the green Inp walking down the street towards the hotel with what appeared to be something long wrapped tightly in a white blanket. 

Dexx squinted his eyes when he saw the awkward limp the green Imp was walking with, causing the Anglerfish demon to quickly speculate as to why he stole the prosthetic leg that he was most likely carrying wrapped in the white blanket. 

Standing up as soon as the green Imp entered the hotel, Dexx quickly jumped down and allowed his jet boots to gently land him on the ground before running across the street. 

Casually walking into the hotel, Dexx quickly caught sight of the green Imp, as he was about to get into the elevator. 

Walking after him and remaining casual looking so as to not draw too much attention from the other hotel guests and staff, Dexx quickly managed to slip into the elevator with the green Imp and remained silent as he took his phone out to pretend he was just checking for something. 

The green Imp was startled by Dexx’s sudden appearance, but quickly calmed down, his grip on the thing wrapped in the white blanket loosening slightly before he pushed the button for the fifth floor. 

Quickly glancing down at the green Imp’s leg, Dexx’s eyes widened slightly when he saw what appeared to be an old rusted prosthetic, the majority of it mostly covered by the pant leg, but the metal foot was still visible since he mad hooved feet and therefore didn’t wear shoes. 

Returning his attention back to his phone, Dexx quickly sent Venno a message saying that he found the bounty with what can only be the prosthetic leg he had stolen. 

Venno was quick to reply back, saying that she is already on her way back home to pick up Jerry so that she, Barry and Fiona may take him to the hospital and that Scott will meet them there. 

Dexx gave a small smile, the Anglerfish demon having a feeling that Jerry isn’t the kind of man who would be quick to seek medical attention, even after a serious fall down the stairs like he just went through not too long ago. 

Venno most likely knew this, too, so Dexx had no idea what Venno would say to Jerry that would get him to the hospital without revealing the surprise surgery to remove his permanently broken leg to replace with the prosthetic. 

The elevator door dinged open, quickly snapping Dexx out of his thoughts only to find the green Imp quickly exiting the elevator and rushing down the hall. 

Putting his phone back into his pocket, both hands resting inside of them, Dexx silently followed after the green Imp, making sure his presence was not given away. 

The green Imp quickly halted at one of the doors and took a key out before inserting it into the lock. 

Before the green Imp could even turn the key, though, Dexx decided now was the opportune moment to reveal his presence.