The Inner Hound (Story 5 - Chapter 2)

With Venno: 

It had only been a few hours since everyone found out that Barry had been captured by the bounty he had been hunting, the Wolf Hound demon having been missing since the day before. 

Venno was pacing back and forth in her office quickly, her fiance, Dexx, trying to follow her so that he could calm her down and maybe have her take a seat so that she doesn't stress herself and the baby too much. 

Fiona was sitting on the nearby sofa in front of the fireplace, the thing having been turned around by Roxxane and Hanna who had both rushed over as soon as they heard the news, the Neon demoness and Shadow demoness trying to comfort the crying Pomeranian demoness. 

Scott had been standing off to the side with his arms crossed, the Possum demon glancing away and thinking about something that only he knew. 

It was true that the Wolf Hound demon’s disdain had moved from Venno to Scott, that much was clear, but the Possum demon held no ill will for Barry despite him constantly getting antagonized. 

He mostly brushed it off, but there had been a few times where it did strike him to the point where he argued back. 

Venno was trying to think, the Velociraptor demoness unsure of what to do, especially since the three bounties who had taken Barry were demanding their bounty he erased. 

The Velociraptor demoness couldn’t just do that, considering Scott had informed them what their crimes had been and how serious they were, and Venno had a feeling that the denizen who posted the bounty wasn’t going to let it go, either. 

“Honey, please calm down, I don’t want to see you stressing so much. Just take a seat, take a few deep breaths, and try to remain calm, ok?” said Dexx gently, the Anglerfish demon finally managing to grab his fiance and guided her over to her desk. 

Venno had been unaware of this until she was finally sat down in her chair, the Anglerfish demon remaining by her side to gently calm her down. 

Taking a deep breath and sighing, Venno simply nodded in understanding. 

“Alright, thanks Dexx. I think I’m good now. I just wasn’t expecting this to happen, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do” admitted Venno, the Velociraptor demoness trying to think of what Jerry would have done in a situation like this. 

Sensing what Venno was thinking, Scott decided to speak up, having been at the Bounty Hunter Agency for a long time, having started when he was in his teens. 

“There were only a few times where a Bounty Hunter gets captured and used for ransom. Mostly so their bounty could get cleared is all, but the old boss never had any of it. He would always organize a team of us to get his Bounty Hunters back, no matter the cost, and they were always a success” said Scott, the Possum demon recalling how he would have to go along with the teams, considering he had always been the only department head in the Library despite his young age. 

Venno nodded in understanding, the Velociraptor demoness now thinking. 

“I’m going to make a quick call to Jerry, then. I just need a little advice on how I should go about doing this” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness picking up the phone and dialing in Jerry’s number. 

With Barry: 

The Wolf Hound demon had hung his head, having been punched a few times on the muzzle after trying to come in contact with Venno like that. 

He was currently tied up in a chair in the large backroom of the plant shop with large thorny vines, the entire room looking to be a sort of greenhouse jungle with the ceiling made entirely out of glass.