✧༻Part 19༺✧

Sydney

I walked to the front of the school. I had my bag over one shoulder. No one was paying me any mind. I made my way to my first class which was  history. I was so early. I just wanted to sit in an empty classroom with my thoughts. I opened the door to find.

 Mr. fine and principal Davis talking. They both turned around to look at me as I gulped. At the sight of them 

The principal legit zoned all his focus on me "Sydney! It's great to see you. Mr. Fine can you please give us a moment?" He turned to look back at Mr. Fine for a split second than back to me.

Mr. Fine gave a small nod of acknowledgement  "Sure thing. I need to buy some coffee." He started feeling his pants, then pulled out his wallet. Mr. Fine walked out of the room.

The principal stood  there looking at me.

I kept looking around the room. To break eye contact. We stood there in loud silence it was awkward .

 The principal had a blank expression on his face. That I just wanted, to draw a emotion from "How are you, Sydney?"

I took a gulp "I am good. Thank you for asking."

The principal maintained his monotone voice "Yeah I was worried.  I hope your friend told you. I was looking for you." He gripped his folder which was in his hands tightly.

A smile grew on my face "yeah Violet told me." I suddenly felt at ease. "So does this mean we cool?" I pointed back and forth between us.

The principle tilted his head, a dark smile grew on his face he started to murmur " The reason why I asked. Because I found it funny. You haven't come back to school after that accident."

My eyes widen in shock. I took a step back. from him slowly

I crossed my arms in front of my chest "what's so funny this is my real life. That is someone I knew. What are you implying?" I blurted out.

"I am not implying a thing?" why you so defensive?" The principal continued " you have no one to blame your absence on, but yourself." A twisted one sided smirk grew on his face

I bite my lip at his choice of words. Because those were my words when we spoke in his office.

 I had an idea. That you were behind the Candy accident." He pointed his pencil at me "but after that reaction. I don't know how or why?" He is slowing  nodding his head. "But I will stop at nothing to figure it out"

I rolled my eyes "You don't need my permission to waste your time." I tucked my hair behind my ear "If you want to crash out because of a' little misunderstanding'. Go nuts." I did sarcastic air quotes. With my hands.

"A little misunderstanding?" His eyebrows knitted together "You threatened me. Where I'm from that does not fly...every time we see each other it's going to be a problem." The principle warned me

"Good luck, it's like  feeling in the dark." I turned around to walk to my desk. I looked back at him from my seat. He had his eyes locked on me. Then Branson walked into the room. 

"Good morning, principal." Branson  waved at him while he greeted him.

The principle just walked away without acknowledging  him.

Branson pulled out a chair next to me  "What's his problem?" I just shrugged my shoulders at his question.

I pulled out my phone and started typing on my phone. I just heard shifting next to me
"Hello Sydney" Branson cooed