Part 5

~~~Sydney Pov~~~

I was rocking back and forth. In the waiting room. Brandson was talking to a doctor. My heart was pumping, my hands were shaking, and my heart was pumping. I really need, to book a spa trip.

As soon as he turned around, saw a graveyard of sadness on his face. My throat clenched. He sat down next to me "What did they say?" I asked hesitantly. "She's critical condition."

He leaned his head back. And started to blink rapidly. He reached his hand out to hold mine. "So she had, she been here all night?" I worried. He nodded his head.

He was taking breaths, "YEAH, it was a hit and run. What a coward!" He punched the wall. " I should have called her..."

I took his face in my hands. " Breath. It's not your fault." than a small voice in my head says.

It's my fault

"I should have known. I thought she slept over at her friend's house." He explained " At let's they didn't leave her to DIE." He leaned in to give me a kiss. He pull and looked me in my eyes. It was like he was looking at me. Till the inner depths of my soul.

"Sydney I'm so glad you here. You my rock." He said while he rubbed, my leg. My life was getting, pulled down by gravity. Like a ton of bricks falling.

"Excuse me." I heard a deep foreign voice. I looked up, to see the origin. His face was a sight to beholden. He flashed me a smile, then turned to Branson.

"Hello, Mr. Monroe. We need to talk to you about her, medical aid and Candy's guardians Branson let go of my leg to stand up.

"We can talk in front of her she's basically my wife. What's your name Dwayne?" Branson asked, while reading his name tag.

Wife

"Like the actor the rock." I joked, they both looked at me. Dwayne chuckled and Branson gave me a half smile.

"Yeah like that." Dwayne answered me. He turned to look at my man and so I did the same.

"I'm the Gurdian and I will pay for her medical bills cash." Branson said with a straight face. What did this joker say?

Dwayne always also taken aback and he furrowed his eyebrows together. But gathered his composer. "Are you her uncle or father." Dwayne asked further. Brandson chuckled.

"I'm her brother. The father is probably crawling around on crack." Dwayne was taken aback, at Branson's brush words about his loving father.

Not going to lie I was too. He never runs out of color, when describing his parents. Dwayne bit his lip, " Where will you, get the money?"

Brandson just gave him a half smile and said "I'll worry about that . All you got to do is tell me. How much you need."

Dywayne just slowly nodded his head slowly "Well follow me so. We can show you the estimated bill." Dywayne started walking away. Signaling him to follow him.

I pulled on his sleeve he turned around. And I whispered aggressively "I can pay her bills."

We were both following behind Dywayne. Branson looked, at me as if there was a second head, growing out my head. "I can't let you do this" Brandson reprimanded me.

I rolled my eyes ,"Okay fine, let me pay 50%." I offered to bargain.

"No. Sydney." He continued on.

"At least let me pay a percentage." I begged.

"Fine, you can pay 0%. You don't have to help. This has nothing to do with you" he stated and picked up the pace.

But I'm the reason this happened

I just stood far back, and watched them talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting there in total silence. I was looking out the window. At the city's customary vitality was muted, by the pallor that the cloudy sky threw over it. Ignored him. "Are you still frustrated with me?"

I crossed my arm in front of my chest. "Yeah, you didn't have to have a rude tone." I barked

"Well I'm sorry about my tone. But I'm NOT SORRY about what I said." Branson tightens his hands around the stirring wheel

"Whatever just drop me at Violet's place?" I said horrified.

"May I ask why. Or is my tone off." He scoffed. He looked away from the road. For a split second. To narrow his eyes to me.

"Look I don't want us to fight I just want peace. So please" He just had a tight lip smile on his face. He acted as if he didn't hear me.

I just leaned back in my seat and didn't push the situation further. As soon as he stopped, the car. I jumped out. Didn't say bye or even look at him. He sped off.

Violet sat on the porch smoking. Here feet were on the railings. She had dark shades on. She was watching us. I walked up the stairs to her.

Violet prepared a meal and left. She spends all her time there. She's either at work or jail.

Violet took off her shades to look at me. "I thought I would only see you. On Monday." Violet questioned with a raised brow, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I guess I just missed you." I shrugged my shoulders. "Where's your mom?"

Violet leaned back in her rocking chair "Jail"

"Again." I blurted out

Violet stopped rocking her chair to say "She prepared a meal and left.
She spends all her time there. She's either at work or jail." I noticed the sad tone in her voice so. I moved on to the next sentence.

I looked up at the gloomy sky. Then at her "What are you doing out here? On the porch I mean."

"Thinking.....about our situation. How we can get out of it." Violet answered monotone

"Well you come up with a solution." I asked Sydney.

She had a smirk on her face. She took the blunt our, her mouth "I've been sitting here all night."

My excitement started, to boil over in me "AND?" I was intrigued at her grand plan. I was like a dehydrated kid. Waiting on my thirst to be quenched.

Her voice is low, measured, and each word is enunciated with precision.

"We are screwed."