❣Part 10❣

~~~Violet Pov~~

I started to chew the inside of my cheek. "No" I told him calmly

He narrowed his eyes "Wait ...why you don't have, to do anything just keep watch." He explained

"Why would I want to break into a police station are you dumb?" I crossed my arms in front of me

"Because I need her phone. I need to know, what she was doing out there?" Branson aggressively, rubbed his hands through his hair. The waitress came to our table. We both fell quiet, like a church mouses.

She placed the milkshake on the table. I flashed, her a smile and a small thank you.

"Nothing for me." Branson said to the waitress.

I took a long sip of my milkshake. Then I smacked, my lips together to get the full effect, of the taste. "Let the police handle it."

I swear his eyes nearly bulged, out his head. When I said that " I did. Yet, they haven't told me anything." He was talking fast "I need to do my own, investigation." He aggressively whispered.

It was like he was spiraling out of control. It was a trainwreck. That I couldn't look away from "What's in it for me?"

He took a deep breath, and he leaned back in his seat "I'll come work for Diggy again"

I nearly choked on my shake "What! I knew you were, desperate for money. But I didn't think, you would cave in so easily."

A sneer spread across his face "What makes you. Think I need the money?"

I looked at him and answered, " Your sister."

He looked down immediately. My heart melted at the sight "How is she?" I titled my head.

He bowed, his head. And took a breath. " Are you going to help me or not?" He changed the topic, with quickness.

I shifted uncomfortably, in my seat and took, a last sip of my milkshake. "Yes." I agreed begrudgingly.

He slowly nodded his head.

" I got information from a little birdy." he continued "You don't need to do a thing. Just keep watch. I'll swing by your place, so we can discuss it in detail later. Around 9" He pushed himself away, from the table. And walked away. But he stopped in his tracks. Walked back to me and spoke.

"You're the only. Person I trust with this." Branson reassured me. This was the first time, he flashed me a smile in our conversation.

I went home to go take a nap. Cause I knew this was going, to be a long night.

~~~~~

Buzz Buzz

I woke up confused. What is buzzing. Then I saw my phone, lighting up in the dark room.

I made way to my phone. I looked at the caller ID. To see it was Alvaro

"What do you want." I grunted into my pillow.

"HI." I answered

" I'm done with the car come pick it up." Alvaro said over the phone

"Shot! " I scrunched my head. " I forgot about that." I will swing by tomorrow morning?"

He uttered over the phone "Well now is the perfect time, because Zurie is not here." I rolled over, to my back and placed, my hand on my forehead. "Fine I can swing by."

"No, Can I give the car to Sydney?" When he said that. I shot up like a volcanic eruption.

"WHAT WHY?" I shot up from my bed

Then I heard a knock on my door.

I made my way to the door. "I need to talk to Sydney." I was rubbing my face. As I was listening to him

I rolled my eyes at him. "The question is does she want to talk to you?" I opened the door, to meet eyes with Branson.

Oh no I forgot about Branson. I stood aside to let him in.

"Look okay fine just don't be weird. but I will give her a heads up " I quickly ended

"Thank you. Really " He was over glee, with joy.

"I agreed. Don't make me change my mind." I spoke

"Okay thank you. Bye." Then Alvaro ended the call.

"Well you were in a hurry, to end that call?" He mentions, while furrowing his brows together. Branson looked, at me up and down "Why aren't you dress?"

"Hello Branson. I'm fine and you." I said in a monotone voice.

Branson scratched the nape of his neck "Sorry I'm just on edge. Where's your mom?"

I stood in front of him and informed him "At work." I placed my phone, in my back pocket.

He nodded. He looked around, my living room "it's been a while since. I been over here..."

I waved my hand dismissively. "Let's cut to the chase here."

I looked him in his eyes "I need insurance." He gave me a confused look. I pulled out my phone

"Tell me on record you coming to work for Diggy." I told him in a stern voice. To my Suprise, he leans in and does it. With zero resistance.

"Now my turn." Branson rubbed his hands together "Fine, let's cut to the chase." He pulled out, a piece of paper. "This right here is the police schedule. Look 2 o'clock there are only 2 officers on duty. So, we going to move around 1. "

"How long have you planned this?" I asked with a raised eyebrow

"Since Wednesday. Now listen up. Here's the rest of the plan." Branson said in a serious tone of voice.

______________________________________________________________________

I was looking out the window praying. That this goes to plan. Branson was sitting next to me. Looking at the police station.

I just looked at the time. It was 1 o'clock

"I'm really surprised. You're sitting next to me. I didn't even have, to do too much convincing." Branson broke the silence

I just bite my lip. At my actions, I hate how weak I am for him. I didn't even turn my head to look at him.

"But I appreciate you being here." Brandson spoke

I chewed the inside of my cheek "Why didn't you call Sydney. To do this with you?"

He chuckled to himself "So we can share a Bonnie and Clydie situation." He rubbed his chin "I know you down with anything."

"Am I suppose... to take that as a compliment?" I looked towards Branson. For the first time in the car.

"I don't care. Take it whatever way you want." He smirked

We sat in a couple minutes of silence "Does Sydney, know you here with me?" I asked.

The smirk grew on his face, and he looked straight ahead "Yeah I told her, the same time you DID."

A smile grew on my face. His snarky face reminded me of Candy. Then my smile plummeted. After I remembered where she was.

He tilted his head "It was a joke." His gentle smile grew on his lips. "No, I didn't tell her?"

"Why haven't you told her about the pass we shared?" I accused him

"Don't play dumb. You know why." He turned to look ahead.

I turned away from his face. I mustered up a question, that has been burring at me for a while. "Why you choose Sydney?"

His voice was soft and laced with confusion "What?"

I gathered my strength to turn and look at him in the eyes "You heard me?"

--------
Author's Note

Hey how are you guys?