Souvenir

She hadn't been able to reach Elena quickly enough when Mrs. Gomez was already behind her daughter forcing her to go home.

"Elena! What you saw wasn't-"

"Enough!" Mrs. Gomez pulled Elena to her side "And listen Isabela, for your own good don't try to contact her again"

"Elena-"

"Don't" With one last pained look Elena followed her mother  leaving Isabela standing alone with a thousand feelings.

-

With her mind a mess she began walking back home, she wasn't going to give up but she needed to think.

"Isabela! I'm sorry for that" Suddenly Katy popped out of the blue and almost crashed into her.

"Katy-" Isabela flinched.

"I wasn't careful and now your friend saw us! Do you think she'll tell anyone about it?"

"Why...Why did you kiss me?" Isabela sighed ignoring the painful sting at the mention of Elena

"I...I thought that you wanted me to"

"No, I didn't want you to kiss me" Isabela groaned irritated "You shouldn't have"

"I- I guess I got caught up in the moment...and after our exchanges I thought that-"

"Our exchanges?" Isabela interrupted her with a frown

"Our letters, ever since I came back" Katy said like it was obvious 

"What letters Katy?"

"Why are you acting like you don't know what I am talking about?"

"Because I don't know"

"Come on Isa, we've been writing letters to each other for weeks now"

"What? No...Katy I haven't"

Katy scoffed "I get that now you don't want to admit that you like girls but your letters have been borderline romantic"

"But- I've never sent any letters, believe me I swear"

Katy's face filled with confusion "But I..." She shook her head and dug into her bag pulling out an envelope "Look, I received this in the morning"

Isabela raised an eyebrow as she skeptically took in the appearance of the letter

-
Good morning,
You are Like a ray of sunshine.

Your presence entices me every time as
petals of the Day fall beyond my eyes.

Please keep me in your Mind.
                                          With affection,
                                                      Isabela Madrigal.

-

"I- I didn't write this" Isabela frowned again at the words immediately finding the hidden message within.

"You didn't?" Katy looked at her with distress  "Why would someone impersonate you?"

Isabela showed her the letter "See these three bold letters?"

"L, D, and M" Katy's brows furrowed "What does that even have to do with anything?"

"Because that's who sent you the letters-"

"LDM? Who even is that?"

" Someone who goes by LDM has been messing things up in my life...I don't know who exactly are they"