Love

Her heart stilled as the rain kept pouring, she had opened herself into vulnerability.

There's no love for you.

No one will love you.

You'll die alone.

Her fears tore her apart, left her broken.

Who was she in this world?

The world that was against her?

Her chest heaved as she struggled to breathe, struggled to stay.

She would end up all alone, that was the one thing she knew to be sure.

A clock ticked inside her head.
Her mind raced along her heartbeat, time painfully slowing down...

When,

Elena stopped walking and turned around,
With wide and unfocused eyes.

"What?" She whispered shakily, the confusion in her face said it all.

"I-I'm sorry" Isabela choked up unable to move.

Elena staggered back against a tree, her own breathing short and unsteady.

She stayed there for a few minutes soaking under the cold water while Isabela watched as everything crumbled apart.

Elena suddenly stood straighter, she had a different look in her eyes. Disgust perhaps...Isabela couldn't tell, but her brows were harshly furrowed which was very telling.

An abrupt hollow laugh escaped from Elena's mouth as she stared at her and Isabela recoiled ashamed, she had confessed her feelings to her and here she was laughing in her face.

By all means it was deemed a joke by many people...But they didn't matter, not in the way the girl standing in front of her did.

Isabela closed her eyes, prayed that the ground would welcome her in, keep her away from the truth.

The growing vines had tangled into each other instead of trapping her in.

She could make more grow, hopefully this time they would actually lock her in and hide her from the pain.

She imagined the comforting dullness of the inside instead of the outside's inevitable sentiments.

Until a soft hand against her cheek made her snap back to reality, Elena had closed the distance between them and their eyes locked for an eternity and more, and what she saw in them wasn't disgust but a million stars aligned.

Elena smiled timidly and then the unimaginable happened,

Elena leaned in, and desperately captured her lips with her own.

Isabela trembled against her, their bodies flushed together, heat rising through her body despite the weather, Elena pulled her closer by the waist and Isabela's hands instinctively reached for her face.

Glowing flower petals cascaded over them overshadowing the raindrops and creating a light-show.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach with every passing second as their lips became one and the world around them disappeared.

Isabela couldn't fully register what was going on, because it simply wasn't possible to be real.

Elena's lips tasted sweet like honeysuckle and strawberries, they were gentle and soft and it made Isabela feel alive.

She had read about first kisses in many books but none had quite described what she was experiencing right now.

Elena carefully parted Isabela's lips open with her tongue, excited and curious.