Liable

"It's been a long time" Katy smiled with a hint of shyness "You haven't changed...But even if fifty years had gone by I'd recognize your eyes anywhere"

Mirabel finally remembered her, Katy- one of Isabela's childhood friends.

Isabela's mouth hung open for half a minute before she composed herself  "Yeah...It's been years since I last saw you"

"Well don't act like I'm a stranger and come give me a hug!"

Isabela nodded and slowly made her way to her, it felt a little awkward when Katy threw her arms around her.

"Oh my god Isabela, I can't believe we meet again" Katy took a long look at her "After I moved I lost all contact with you, I always wondered what you'd be up to"

Isabela relaxed her posture with a small smile  "Wow Katy...I didn't think I'd ever see you here again"

"I know that it's been a lot but I just couldn't stay away forever from Encanto...and now that I'm back I plan on staying for quite a bit " She grinned in a way that always had made little Isabela's heart beat faster...but now it didn't have the same effect.

"Is your family also here?"

"Yeah, you know how it is... the whole family travels as one" Katy chuckled "By the way how's your family?"

"They're good" Isabela looked at Mirabel and motioned for her to come closer "You remember Mirabel- my little sister"

"Oh I was so excited to see you that I forgot we had company" Katy laughed and turned to Mirabel "Woah hey Mirabel I honestly didn't recognize you, you've grown so much! I still remember when you would follow us around the town, with your hair a mess and your shoes on backwards"

"Hi Katy...Heh" Mirabel snickered "Yeah I always wanted to play with Isabela's group of friends but she wouldn't let me tag along!"

"You were a little bit ...annoying, kid" Isabela teased playfully

"How dare you! I was cool"

"Isabela, remember when Mirabel got her foot stuck in the toilet and we had to put butter all over?"

"Oh how could I forget that?" Isabela laughed

"Well I had forgotten about that" Mirabel grimaced "I kept slipping in the shower afterwards "

The conversation surprisingly came easy, it felt like Katy was still the same girl after all those years.

"Oh and is this your other sister?" Katy glanced at Elena with a questioning look "Luisa?"

"No" Isabela replied almost immediately
"This is my...uh best friend Elena"

Elena stood up and offered her hand to Katy with a kind smile "Hey, it's nice to meet one of Isabela's old friends"

Katy hesitated to take her hand but only Mirabel seemed to catch it "Nice to meet you too"

"I'm intrigued to know how Isabela was when she was little" Elena gave her girlfriend a loving look "She won't let me see the album of when she was younger" She chuckled lightheartedly

"Because I was awkward!"

"Stop it, you weren't awkward" Katy locked eyes with Isabela "She was amazing" Her tone weirdly changed when she said it.

"I wasn't" Isabela shook her head sheepishly and Katy's ears turned red.

Elena glanced between them with curiosity.

"Sis come on, I don't have all day!" A tall man abruptly shouted from behind them and Katy turned to him with an annoyed grunt

"I have to go, my idiot of an older brother can't handle shopping alone " She reached to touch Isabela's hand "I'm so glad I got to see you again, we have to catch up on all the lost time"