Heal

Months after casita was rebuilt everything seemed to be getting better with no more cracks to be worried about, the candle was burning bright and strong, and la familia Madrigal was slowly healing themselves.

Bruno was back and overjoyed to be surrounded once again by the people he loved but at the same time he was dealing with what led him to leave in the first place, he tried to save the family's union by disappearing from their lives, but ultimately none of it was his fault.

Abuela was trying each day, her own painful experiences had wounded her soul and over the years she lost sight of what was the most important thing for her, her family's happiness.

And she recognized the pressure she had put on all of them over the past years.

Even if it's hard to let go of traditions she wanted to be supportive, the Madrigal's could choose their own path and she would be okay with it, their gifts weren't all they were, of course. She had realized Mirabel was amazing and she didn't need a door to prove it.

Now Mirabel always had felt a little left out, especially because she thought she wasn't special like the rest, she remembers feeling her heart break the day her door closed and the days after that in which she spent looking for something to make her 'important' and trying to figure out what was wrong with her. But after everything that went down she was not longer worried about looking for her gift, because she had finally found it. Herself.

And one other thing that's going better for her is the relationship with her older sister, they still bicker and fight every other day but there isn't a hatred or jealous undertone.

Isabela is quite reserved but everyone can see that she's starting to feel free of expectations

Mirabel thinks that her sister doesn't have any concerns at the moment, if all the smiles she casts throughout the day are any indication

but Dolores tells her something that picks up her interest, they're out for a stroll just the two of them "Where's that kid that always has a cup of coffee? I really need one right now"

"Having trouble sleeping?" Mirabel slowed down her pace

"Your sis is too loud"

"Luisa? I thought her eye twitch had stopped"

"Not Luisa, she's sleeping like a baby. The one that's restless is Isa" As soon as the words came out, her eyes widened and her hands flew to her mouth as if she hadn't meant to share that information

"Why?" Mirabel let out a chuckle "Is she up all night creating exotic plants?"

"I wished" Dolores looked down and contemplated wether she should tell her cousin what she's been hearing

"Lola what's going on ?" The younger girl was quick to notice the troubled look

"Mirabel...I'm telling you this because maybe she'll talk to you, she insists everything is fine and asked me not to tell anyone"

Mirabel fully stopped walking,
her eyes prompting for Dolores to continue "There's nights when she sometimes cries"

"She cries?" A frown takes over her face and that's when she remembers Isabela is good at faking smiles

Dolores nods sadly "I've tried talking to her, you know how close we are or used to be" And it's true her sister and cousin were born with just moths of each other
growing up together they had the best primas bond,  that is until things suddenly changed and they began spending less time together.

"You don't think it's because of Mariano right?" Dolores looked guilty and if the conversation wasn't so serious Mirabel would've laughed at her question because Isabela didn't even want the guy near

Mirabel shook her head so fast that her short curls hit her in the face  "No. My sister certainly didn't like him Dolores, and you know that"

"Then what do you think it's going on?"

"I...Don't know, but I'll find out"

And maybe she shouldn't stick her nose  where it doesn't belong but she cares too much about Isabela to not do anything about it.