Links

Isabela shivered as a cold breeze ran through her body, she had been waiting for hours at the river, Elena was late and the moon above was keeping her company.

But a sudden change of heart made her not want to be there, it wasn't a good idea after all, what would all of this lead to?
Isabela shook herself and stood up, she wanted to go home and that's what she would do.

If only a voice hadn't held her down "Where are you going?" Don't you dare run away again"

"What?" Isabela looked around in a frenzy "Eduardo...Why are you here?'' She was too preoccupied to be angry "Where's Elena?"

"Don't worry...Elena is on her way, I just wanted to talk to you first"

"A-About what?''

Eduardo chuckled "Really?" He frowned a slight smile on his lips "I know something about you...Something very interesting"

"What could you possibly know about me?" Isabela looked at him square in the eye

"Well...Aren't you scared of me saying it at loud?''

After getting no response from her he leaned in and whispered "You like women"

Isabela's heart pounded "That's...That's not true"

"I know it is"

"You're wrong"

"Mmm, I'm pretty sure I'm not"

"How can you be so sure?" Isabela looked down, her voice almost breaking

"I have my ways" He snickered "I don't know how you fooled all the people around you"

"That's something serious you're accusing me of''

"Exactly, so I had to be fully sure of it"

"If it's because of that letter-"

"We'll get to that. Let me tell you a bit first. When Elena moved to Encanto she started talking about you all the time, all her letters for me were filled with things about you. and I as her caring partner had to find out who you were if she was spending all that time with you" He paused and sat on a large rock "You see, before going to Mexico and meeting Elena I lived in a town a few hours away from here, some of my family was even stationed here...Like my aunt and uncle. Wouldn't you by any chance happen to know my cousin Laura?" He smiled callously while giving her a detailed description about her

Her eyes grew wide when she realized who was he referring to, and she let out a small gasp "Laura..." It took her completely by surprise.

"What a coincidence, no?" He grinned ferociously "I wanted to know if you were a good person, I wanted to protect Elena. And to my fortune I remembered that one of my cousin's grew up here, and I had to try and see if she knew you from those years...And guess what? She did, and the more I asked about you, the more worried I got"

"Laura...Your cousin?" Isabela couldn't believe what she was hearing

"Yes, keep up. You remember her, yeah?"

"We...Weren't close friends"

"But you told her your secret?"

Isabela glanced at him confused

"She told me about the Katy thing...She said that when she was little she didn't really give it much of a thought, but when she got older she just couldn't get that moment out of her head"

"It was a joke when we were like seven years old" Isabela sighed "How is that enough proof for you to be convinced of such thing?"

"That isn't the only thing, when you guys were fifteen, there was a sleepover at you house that Dolores organized, right? You had to share your room with some girls, including my cousin"

"What are you getting at?"

"That you don't hide your diary very well. That night Laura found your precious little paper friend, and what she read on there, would leave her feeling scared to be around you"

Isabela's jaw tightened , there was too much information to process.

"You clearly wrote about your desire to love women without any consequences. She was scared you would prey on her, she noticed the way your face would get red around the girls''

"I-If she apparently found that in my diary...Why didn't she tell her parents or mine?" Not that she was complaining but someone like Laura would run at the opportunity to talk about someone's private life

"She wanted to, but she was afraid her parents would think she had your thing, her parents always said that if they interacted with those kind of people, they would get infected too"

Of course, she hadn't forgotten the words that Laura and Katy had said years ago.

Isabela shook her head, she didn't know what to say to make things better...Not that she could.

"She wasn't surprised when she heard about your broken engagement. Wasn't he like the perfect man? Oh, but he wasn't a lady"

"You- You don't know anything" She tried, but it wouldn't change a thing, and at this point she was better off pleading for his silence than trying to convince him that it wasn't true.

He winked with a laugh "I know the truth, isn't that enough?" He was enjoying it all
"With my cousin's retelling, my observations, and to top it all off, your letter. I know that the letter alone wasn't enough to prove it, because it could be taken differently depending on the perspective, but you know that I have more information and with all of it combined I can''

She turned away from him and wrapped her arms around herself tightly "Why are you doing this?" She sounded pathetic

"It's not healthy to hide your feelings" He teased her "Is it?"

She had trouble keeping her breathing steady and her head was spinning.

"I haven't told Elena" He clicked his tongue  "And you know that she will believe me if I do"

"D-Don't. I'm not like that...Not anymore" She bit her cheek painfully

"People like you don't change. And Elena has to know because-"

"I have to know what?" Elena crossed her arms behind them with a questioning look on her face.