Apprise

"Isabela, sweetie. Wake up" Someone gently shook her arm

"Mom?" Isabela squinted her eyes, the soft light from a candle made them burn

"You still feel warm" She frowned

"What time is it? Is the party over?"

"It's still day, I came as soon as I found out you were feeling sick"

Isabela groaned "I didn't want you to leave the party"

"Don't worry" Julieta smiled "Let me get you something to eat"

"Okay..."

"You'll be feeling all better after, you could go back to the party"

"Um...I think I'll stay and-"

"Read?" Her mother looked at something on the bed and Isabela's eyes widened

"Uh...Probably" She subtly pushed the book under the blanket

"Are you sure?''

"Yeah, I'm not really in the mood for partying''

Julieta nodded understanding "That time of the month?"

"Huh?'' Isabela looked at her mother with confusion until it dawned on her "Oh! Yes, that is why"

Her mother smiled "Then rest my dear. Let me bring you that chewy healer" She chuckled

"Thanks mom"

Within five minutes Julieta was back with a small rounded pastry "This will do" She handed it to Isabela and looked at her, patiently waiting for her to eat it

"Will you be going back?"

"I was thinking to do so. But I could stay with you instead"

"No need, I don't feel sick anymore " She stated as she took a final bite, all the discomfort went away in a flash, her mother's cooking fixed many things...She wished it could also fix her feelings.

"Do you need anything else honey?"

"No...Well actually you could bring me...Some birthday cake" Isabela winked with a playful grin

Julieta laughed "That's what I thought, I'd better get going then because Camilo was devouring that thing"

"As expected" She giggled "Gracias de nuevo mamá" Isabela gave her mother a small hug and bid her goodbye, she didn't want to busy her any longer.

And with that Julieta left her room.

Isabela rubbed her temples and fell back onto the bed, sleeping was the only way to forget about everything for a bit.

Running away was always easier...

She closed her eyes and pulled the covers over her face, letting the warmth cuddle her calmingly, her eyes fluttered close and her breathing eased, until a loud knock on her door startled her.

"Mom? Did you forget something?" Isabela quickly sat up

"Uh it's actually me" Mirabel's squeaky voice came from the other side "Mom just left"

"Mira...What are you doing here?" Isabela groaned

"Can I come in?"

"I preferred if you didn't"

"Oh"

Isabela sighed immediately feeling regretful  "...Come in"

Mirabel opened the door and and ran inside, flopping hard onto the bed.

"Ah Mira!" Isabela shoved her with a laugh "Get off me"

"Sorry" She chuckled and blew the curls out from her eyes  "Hi"

"Hi. I thought I had made myself clear about you staying and having fun?"

"But I couldn't just stay there and enjoy it! I would've been worrying about you "

"You know mom was here. I'm great now" Isabela grinned and wildly jazzed her arms "See?"

Mirabel chuckled "I'm glad to see that"

"So you can go back now"

"But I'm so comfortable here"

"I thought you were having a blast at the Gomez's "

"I was, but it's more fun spending time with my sister"

"Yeah right"

"So...speaking of the Gomez family, they seem amazing" Mirabel excitedly grinned "I don't know why it took us so long to meet them, well you're familiar with them from your shopping trips, but I think we should invite them over sometime, to get to know them better"

"Yeah" Isabela nodded nonchalantly

"Maybe we could invite Elena to a sleepover! Don't you think it would be fun?"

"A sleepover...Here?" Isabela pointed at her room and looked at her panicked

"Yeah"

"Isn't it weird to invite someone you just met to a sleepover?" Isabela frowned

"Maybe" Mirabel laughed "But you've met her before so..."

"I'm not inviting her"

Mirabel groaned but smiled  "Oh well"

"Mhm"

"Ricky also seems nice"

Isabela raised a conspiratorial eyebrow making Mirabel giggle "Don't even start"

Isabela pretended to zip her lips closed
and they stayed in a comfortable silence for a bit

Up to the moment that Mirabel cleared her throat "You never want to dance with me, how did Elena, almost a stranger, manage to make you dance?"

Isabela turned red "Uh...Like you, I also want to get to know her better"

Mirabel grinned "That's what a sleepover would-"

"No"

"Awe"

"Don't you want to get going now?" Isabela glanced at her window "It's getting late"

"I have time. Her parents said it's ending until the early hours of tomorrow"

"Oh wow''

"But I think Elena has had enough party already"

"What?"

"I think she's tired...I would be too"

"But Elena was full of energy when I saw her, I thought that she was having a good time"

"I know. It's just that her whole temper changed noticeably"

"I didn't notice it"

"Well, it was after you left. She kind of looked annoyed, her boyfriend even tried many times and when I say many I mean it...to get her to dance and she kept pushing him away...I was close by and she angrily told him to dance with someone else and to leave her alone, she kept her polite smile with the guests but it was obvious she didn't want to be there anymore"

"Oh" Isabela frowned

"Then they walked off to somewhere and Dolores said she overheard them having a bit of a heated conversation but it wasn't clear about what...Maybe they had a fight"

Isabela had an unsettling feeling
"Y-You think so?"

Mirabel nodded "Could be, when they returned I could tell it was awkward between them''