Chapter fourteen

When Maya woke up, Carina wasn't in bed with her. She opened the bathroom door and found Carina puking in the toilet. She quickly moved over to her wife and held her hair back.

''It's ok babe, you're okay.'' She whispered in Carina's ear. When Carina was done puking, Maya sat behind her back, holding her for a couple of minutes.

''Can you stand up for me, babe?'' Maya wiped some hair out of Carina's face. Carina nodded and stood up slowly.

''We should tell the bambina that we're pregnant soon. Because of IVF, the baby is already five weeks now.'' Carina said. They both went downstairs to eat breakfast. Today was Sofia's first day of school, and both Maya and Carina are working today.

''I think we should tell her before our first ultrasound.'' Maya said, and Carina agreed.

Carina wasn't hungry, but she made French toast for Sofia, while Maya made herself a smoothie. They were all going to drive together.

''I'm going to go wake up Soof.'' Maya walked upstairs to her daughter's room.

She gently shook her awake. ''Hi bubs, good morning. You gotta wake up, we have to leave in 45 minutes.''

Sofia let out an audible sigh and got out of bed, but not before giving Maya a hug.

''Carina has made you breakfast. How about you get dressed and meet us downstairs.'' Maya said.

''Good morning, Carina.'' Sofia said as sat down at the table, the plate of French toast in front of her.

''Buongiorno, piccolina.'' Carina placed a little kiss on her forehead.

''Bubs, after school I will pick you up, and then we will head to the hospital. You have to get your stitches out and maybe they'll give you a quick check up.'' Maya said.

Time went by fast, and before they knew it, it was time for the three of them to go. They drove to Sofia's new school. She didn't seem nervous, but Maya and Carina definitely were. The three of them walked to the school gate together.

''Ciao piccolina, have a great day''

''You're gonna do great, bubs. Bye.''

''Bye guys, see you soon.''

...

I'm going to experiment with writing in pov style. Let me know what you think.

...

[POV: Sofia]

I think I'm lost. I heard the bell three minutes ago. There is no one out here anymore and I don't know the way to the classroom. I'm walking around the school, looking for someone to tell me where I have to go. I don't see anyone, so I'm just going open the door of a random class. I really hope the teacher is nice and will tell me the way.

I open the door. Looks like this is fourth grade. ''Hi, I'm sorry, I'm new here. Could you please tell me the way to Mr. Mitchell's class?'' I said to the teacher. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She looked kind.

''Sure honey. Anyone who wants to show this nice girl where Mr. Mitchell's class is?'' She asks. Numerous students raise their hand, and I'm happy about that. She chooses a girl in the front.

We walk to Mr. Mitchell's class together.

''Thank you for showing me the way. I'm Sofia.'' I look at her and introduce myself.

''No problem, I'm Katie.'' She says and she walks back to her classroom.

I knock on the door and slowly open it.