Chapter two

Maya heads to the station.

She was reinstalled as captain after Andy was promoted to battalion chief.

She walks into the beanery. The team is still having breakfast.

''Goodmorning nineteen!'' Maya's voice is loud.

''Morning captain'' The team greets Maya.

''Okay so today Warren and Montgomery you guys are on aid car duty, Hughes, Gibson you're on engine. Sullivan, Ruiz ladder and Scott you are on desk duty'' The team nods

''You guys have fifteen minutes to finish eating and get ready for chores.'' She sounds strict, but her face looks kind.

''If you guys need me, I will be in my office.''

''Nineteen!'' she calls

''Nineteen!'' her team answers.

She grabs a bagel and walks to her office. She still had to do a lot of paperwork since Scott arrived. The probie had only been at nineteen for two weeks now, but Maya was impressed. He followed orders and he listened intently to advice of his fellow firefighters.

After doing some paperwork, Maya heads to the gym. Warren is also working out.

''Hey cap, how are you? And how is Carina doing?'' Warren asks. He is always interested in the lives of his colleagues.

''We are doing great Ben, thank you for asking. How are you, Bailey and the kids?''

Just when Ben is about to answer, the sirens go off.

ENGINE NINETEEN, LADDER NINETEEN, AID CAR NINETEEN, CAR CRASH FIRST AVENUE

In seconds, nineteen was ready to go to the accident.

Maya sits in the engine with Vic and Jack.

''Okay cap, what do we know?'' Hughes asks.

''There has been a collision between a truck and a family vehicle. Apparently, the truck ran a red light.'' Maya tells Vic and Jack while her hand reaches for her radio.

''Okay nineteen here is what we know. There has been a collision between a truck and a family vehicle. Sullivan, Ruiz you make sure that the area is safe. Warren and Montgomery treat the victims, Gibson, Hughes you see where you can help.''

Two minutes later, they get to the accident. Nineteen is the first one to arrive. Because Maya gave the orders on the way, the firefighters are able to begin right away.

''I want updates every two minutes!'' Maya shouts.

The captain makes her way to bystanders who saw the accident. A woman informs her that the truck indeed ran a red light. The truck driver got out of the truck and had run away from the accident. People followed him, but he was nowhere to be found.

''Captain Bishop you should get here!'' Montgomery's voice sounds over the radio.

She makes her way to the family vehicle. The car is for a family of five. It's a Hyundai Verna.

Montgomery spots her and they walk away from the vehicle.

''Alright Montgomery talk to me" she demands.

''The car was probably making a turn when the truck ran the light. The left side of the car took all of the impact. A mother and three children were sitting in the car. The mother and the child on the left were DOA. When Warren and a got there, a girl was performing CPR on her brother. Warren took the aid car and went to Grey-Sloan with the boy. The girl is physically okay. Gibson and Hughes are with her now. She has a big head lack and probably some broken ribs, but other than that she seems fine. You should probably call in another aid car, so she can be transported to Grey-Sloan as well.''

Maya moves her hand to her radio. ''Dispatch this is captain bishop of station 19 we need an additional aid car to First Avenue.''

''Copy that captain. The aid car is five minutes out.''

She turns back to Montgomery.

''Thank you, Lieutenant. You did a good job. Can you show me to the girl please?''

''Sure captain, she is over there, behind the car, and thank you.'' Montgomery says.

They start walking towards the girl. Maya sees her from a distance. The girl looks rough. There is blood all over her face. She is crying, while Vic is trying to calm her down.

''Lieutenant, can you make sure the car and the bodies are taken care of? I'm going to see if I can help this little girl.'' Maya asks Travis.

''Of course, captain.''

Travis turns around and Maya makes her way over to the girl. She has a weird feeling in her stomach. The girl looks like she is maybe eleven. She stopped crying and is now staring at the sky. Vic is trying to start a conversation, but the girl doesn't respond. Maya thinks that she is probably still in shock. She has an oxygen mask, a neck collar and Vic is putting pressure on the head wound

''Hughes what are her injuries?'' Maya asks.

''Captain, it looks like she has a couple of broken ribs and a head lack. She is able to move all of her limbs. Her blood pressure and heart rate are ok. She hasn't said a word after her brother got taken away though.''

''Ok thank you Hughes, keep pressure on that head wound.''

''Sure thing, cap.''

Maya now turns to the girl.

''Hey, my name is Maya, I'm the captain of these firefighters. Can you tell me your name?'' Maya asks her in the sweetest voice. 

.....

This is probably going to be the lenght for most of the parts I publish. Thank you for reading!