Chapter 40

Paglabas ko ng hospital ay nakita ko kaagad ang sasakyan ni mommy. Nagmamadali akong sumakay don at naabutan ko si Reziel na naka cross-arm at deretso ang tingin. 

"Oh your here, mommy." Hindi ko nagustuhan ang paraan ng pagbati niya saakin. Hinarap ko siya saakin only to know that she is also mad at me. What did I even do to her? 

"What did I do that you didn't like, Reziel?" I asked calmly and bite my lips. I don't want to raised a voice to her caused I understand where she is coming from. 

"Your with him without telling me. Now, his real wife taught we are taking him with his son." suplada nitong turan saakin at ipinakita saakin ang kalmot sa kanyang braso. Tinignan ko si Mommy sa front seat at umiling siya saakin. Telling me that my action are not right. Bumuntong hininga ako at kinausap muli sya.

"Hindi kami magkasama ng daddy mo. I am with her mom because she is my boss for my project, remember what I told you I am modelling one of the famous wedding gown designer? I am working with them, the one that your grandmother owned." I explain to her.

Tumango siya saakin at tinignan ako sa mata na para bang sinusuri kung totoo nga ba ang sinabi ko at hindi ako nagsisinungaling para pagtakpan ang nakita niya kanina. "Oh, really? Then let me come with you when you are working with them. Plus, he's my dad but I prefer us calling him Mr. or doctor, got it, mommy?" Tumingin ako kay mommy to ask for help to make Reziel understand the situation.

Umiwas lang siya saakin na pabor para sa kanya ang sinabi ni Reziel. I have no choice but to follow her, besides I am the reason why she's acting like this. She's not still didn't get my point or she's doing thsi to try her father's competent.

I nodded and agreed to her.

"I will. We should go home, eat our dinner." 

Wagi niya akong binigyan ng ngiti bago kinuha ang kanyang cellphone kay mommy. She search my IG account and start browsing to my post. She complimented me and telling me that Aiden is not good for me, that Aiden is a bad partner for me and our looks don't blend together.

Umiling ako sa kanya at ipinikit na lang ang mata at isinandal ang ulo para makapagpahinga. Masyadong marami ang nangyari sa araw na ito. I can't with her and his father attitude. It makes me so tired to handle them together. I'm so much stress to them than to my works.

We arrive to our house and cook for our dinner. I asked mommy to eat with us but she refuse since she is going to visit dad and checks for the updates if they already found Adrian, malapit na silang malaman at mawakasan ang aksidente but still I am still scared for what will happen next. We are still not safe. 

I asked Reziel if she is willing to join me for tomorrow, visiting her grandfather and without second thoughts she agreed. I cooked for carbonara the one that she always asked me to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner but I told her that it is not healthy and she will follow the meal plan I made if she still wants to pursue Modelling. 

We are in the middle of eating when the doorbell rang. Tumayo ako at binuksan iyon. Nakita ko si Aiden at itinaas ang dala niyang pagkain para makita ko. Nagdadalawang isip pa ako kung papasukin siya. 

Lumingon ako at nakita ko si Reziel. Kahit alam kong huli na ang lahat ay ginawa ko pa rin ang makakaya ko para itago si Aiden sa maliit kong katawan. With his broad shoulder, define adomen, and long legs it is hard to hide him with me. 

"What are you doing here Mr.? Visiting my mom at this hour? Hiding and not letting me know that you are here? Both of you are not teenager anymore to play hide and seek, just for the both of you know." Pumasok muli siya sa kusina.

Hinarap ko si Aiden at tinaasan ako ng kilay asking me what happen to our daughter. Nagkibit balikat ako at kinuha sa kanya ang pagkain. I was so shocked when he kissed me on my lips when he already hand me the foods.

"Tsk, tsk. So sneaky Mr. Stop doing that. My mom might get a slap from your wife." Bumalik pala si Reziel at ito pa talaga ang kanyang naabutan. Uminit ang magkabilangg pisngi ko dahil sa pangaral nya. I ask heaven to make her matured enough to understand the situation but not like how matured she is to know about this things.

"Your mom won't slap her own chick. How's my baby's day?" Lumapit siya kay Reziel ngunit tumakbo sa kanya ito. They are now playing habul-habulan on the kitchen. It all messed when Reziel are now throwing place mat to stop her father from catching her, but when she already on his father's arm she shouted and start wiggling. Her father didn't let go her and kissed her chick.

"Why did you kiss me!" histerikal na tanong niya sa kanyang ama at nagsimulang punasan ang kanyang pisngi. I take them a picture at hindi ko namalayang naka on flashed pala and they both look at me.

"Mommy! I thought your my ally? Why did you take us a picture!" 

Tinignan ko si Aiden na nag-aantay din ng sagot mula saakin. Itinabi ko ang cellphone ko at inilabas sa plastic ang dalang pagkain ni Aiden. It is fruit salad, chicken and lecheflan. "I'm doing you a favor." sagot ko kay Aiden ng bitawan niya ang kanyang anak at lumapit saakin.

He cornered me in the table. "We'll going to talk and settle this." hindi iyon favor but a declaration. He is determined to talk to me, but I'm still not ready for that. He slowly lean and me but all I did was to look at my side, and if I won't do that our nose will touch.

"Wala tayong pag-uusapan." masungit kong sabi dito at pilit siyang tinutulak.

Nagulat ako ng pumagitna saamin si Reziel at inilagay sa pagitan namin ang upuan at sumalta siya doon. Nasisiyahang ngumiti si Aiden. He was amused by Reziel's action. Manang-mana sa kanya ang galawan, ang pagkakulit at determinasyon na gawin ang gusto nya.

"You're not going to kiss my mother again, Mr.! Your wife hurt me! She told me that you didn't agree for dinner with her and your son, and accused as that I will going to snatch you from them, but I'm not familynapper! Your family was so rude! Go home and disciplined them!" 

Pinigilan ko si Reziel sa pagsigaw dahil na babastos na niya ang kanyang ama at hindi iyon ang itinuro ko sakanya. Pinigilan naman ako ni Aiden at hinawakan ang kamay ko. We both faced our daughter and trying to calm her. Her eyes start watering and looking down to her wounds where Traciel hit her.

I saw Aiden's jaw clenched in so much anger and I also hold his arm to stop him from showing anger in front of her daughter, baka lalong lumayo ang loob sa kanya. "Did she do that to you?" tumango si Reziel and still asking Aiden to talk with Traciel and discipline them.

Itinaas ni Aiden ang mukha ng anak. 

"I'm not related to them. I don't have a son but I have a daughter. I don't have wife but I will have soon if your mom say yes for my proposal. You are my only family and not them, so they don't have the rights to hurt you. We are going to talk to them together, and settle this misunderstanding. I don't want you feel insecure, and think that you steal me. Since then, you and your mom own every inch of me, got it?" 

Hindi sumagot si Reziel at nagsimula ng umiyak. Umalis ako sa tayo nila at kumuha ng tubig. Nakaharap na saakin si Aiden at kita ko na miski siya ay nahihirapan sa sitwasyon, his eyes are red, his adams apple started to move up and down while he is controling his emotion. He look at me but when our eyes met he gaze to somewhere.

"Do you understand, baby? Tell me what troubling you? I will explain everything. I am your dad, only your dad."

Tumango si Reziel at iniabot ko sa kanya ang tubig. Binigyan ko din si Aiden ng tubig sa kanyang tabi habang pinupuyudad ang kanyang anak. He dried Reziel's tears and kiss her in the forehead. Inaya ko na silang kumain ng makakalma sila and when I finished washing the dishes, and had a chance to exit while they are still talking.

I need to refresh my mind.

I don't want to commit another mistakes.

Hindi na lang kapakanan ko dapat ang iniisip ko, maging sa anak ko.