Nina's Tea Party #4

Later that night, the duo set camp outside the house. Nate was reviewing the footage because of Jill's seemingly bogus claim.

"It blinked!" Jill exasperatedly said in her blue tent.

"Maybe it's just the wind, there are dolls that blink, you know the creepy ones?"

Jill came out of her tent and stole the camera from Nate's fat, sweaty hands. Then she rewatched the video with eyes so wide toothpicks could fit between them. She almost looked like a ghost with the light of the camera's screen. "There!" She passed the camera to Nate. A paused clipped presented to him and when he played it, the doll did blink. He then replayed it over and over and every time, he only got sweatier. "I would've let it go if only one of its eyes blinked. But what's scarier is that both of its eyes closed at the same time."

"Like a person."

"Like a person." Nate echoed.

"What are we going to do?" Jill asked.

Nate thought for a second, pinching his chubby chin. "What if I sneak in his house and check the doll?" He already has this intrusive idea to wait at night and plan to steal the doll but he disregarded it. Now, it doesn't seem so intrusive.

"I've had enough of jokes today," Jill said, "you can't do that."

"I can. I have to. For the sake of the truth. Aren't we seekers of the truth?"

Jill looked down and rubbed her toe on the ground as if she's crushing a bug. "I don't know."

"For now, let's wait for the night to get deeper." Nate said, "Get some sleep, Jill."

"I don't think I can. I just feels like something bad's going to happen.'"

And she was right.