𝐃𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝟐

When the cab stopped in front of a crummy old building, Limuel paid the driver and said nothing else. The sunlight pried his eyes like boiling oil, when he stepped off the cab, it made the lines on his face more visible under the eye. He fished out a slip of paper in his pocket and looked for a sign that could confirm the address. The paint of the building in front of him was shedding, with rusted iron railings, and a falling roof but looking inside it's surprisingly modernistic. From the reception in the lobby, it looked like a five-star hotel. Marble pillars towered from the tiled floors. Luxurious sofas were splayed on each corner of the room. A chandelier hung overhead and twinkled like diamonds. Limuel brushed his shoes onto a lushly carpeted foyer and trudged to the desk.

"Good day sir, how may I help you?" The receptionist said cheerily.

"Good morning," he checked his watch, "I have an appointment—counseling with Mr. Dean Larques."

She typed in her computer. "May I know what is your name, sir?"

"Limuel Brenner"

Beep-beep-beep. It was rapid and continuous.

"Your age sir?"

"54"

"Civil Status?"

"Uh," he wetted his lips, "Married." Still, he thought.

After a few more questions, the receptionist ushered Limuel to the corridor beyond her desk. She gave him a slip of paper that had two vertical lines and one horizontal line at the top.

"Up the second floor is Mr. Larques's office," she said, wearing a sunny smile. "You should find your way there, sir. Thank you for considering our services."

Limuel didn't return the smile nor the gratitude. He consequently took the stairs and he figured that the second floor was even more intriguing. He found himself in an exquisitely luminous hallway and it's astonishingly futuristic, like those on TV that had a purpose of hiding a laboratory in plain sight. The white tiles reminded him of a mall he used to go to. The air smelled clean and sterile. The hallway was empty but he could hear voices from the rooms on each side.

He sauntered down the aisle looking at every hardwood door with bronze plaques. His mouth was spitless when he stopped in the middle of two indoor plants. "That's an odd motto (or if it's a motto)," Limuel thought when he read what's written on the plaque:

"Fear not"

Dean Larques, PsyD

He knocked twice but he was interrupted before he could knock for the third time

He knocked twice but he was interrupted before he could knock for the third time. The door swung open. "Oh!" A head poked out from the door. "Mr. Brenner, I presume?" A rather young-looking man appeared, with wispy coal-dark hair combed on each side, forming a white line on the middle of his scalp. But the first thing Limuel really noticed was this person was wearing sunglasses even inside the room.