Chapter 10-Invitation.

Lisa leaves angrily,I wonder why she is a pain in the neck.Well..she wasn't so important at the moment.

Going to college is an exciting and transformative experience. It's a time of growth, exploration, and new beginnings. You'll meet new people, learn new things, and discover new passions. You'll be challenged academically and intellectually, and you'll have the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills that will serve you well in your future career. You'll also have the chance to explore your interests and passions through extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations.

I realized soon that Going to college can be a time of self-discovery, where you learn more about who you are and what you want to do with your life. It can also be a time of personal and professional development, where you build skills and knowledge that will help you succeed in your future endeavors. Overall,it is an exciting and rewarding experience that can set you on a path to success and fulfillment.

While I was jubilating with Aiden,Ben interrupts.
"Excuse me Aiden,I need to talk to Emily"He politely said looking at me.
"I don't want to talk to you!"I rolled my eyes ignoring him.
"Emily please!"He pleaded,Seems like he wants to say something important.

Aiden stares at him.
"Say whatever you want to say here"I said angrily
"I can't Emily,it's between the both of us"He drags my arm.
"Hey,Didn't you hear what she said,She doesn't want to talk to you bro let her be"Aiden yells at Ben.

I watch them argue,They might probably start a fight.

"Enough!"I shouted.
"Ben let's go"I turn to Aiden.
"Aiden I'll talk to you later"I said following Ben.

He takes me to the same spot where we argued.
"Why did you bring me hear?"I fold my arms.
"Listen to me Emily...Allow me to speak this time around"He speaks calmly.
"I should allow you to bury me with lies,You want to lie to me again?"I infuriated.
"No.."He feels a sense of guilt and shame.
"I'm sorry for everything Emily,For hiding my sister from you especially"He is deeply saddened by his actions and the consequences that have resulted from them.

I look away not believing a word he said.

"My sister Dara suffers from achondroplasia"He said bitterly.
"Achondroplasia??"my eyes open in shock.
"Yes,skeletal dysplasia"He frowned.

That's bad,That's probably dwarfism,No wonder she looked so small.

"Then why did you lock her up in a room?"I questioned curiously.
"It's because she doesn't behave like a normal human,She not mentally stable"

"And you think locking her up in a room will resolve that?Come on now"I feel indignant.

"No..That's not the exact reason,Well..Anything my friends come over,They make mockery of my sister and her mental condition"He said.

"Your ashamed of your sister?"I exasperated

He looks away embarrassed.
I'm so disappointed in Ben for this act.
"Ben you can't change the fact that Dara is still your sister!She is a human being too"I irate.
"She is beautiful just the way she is,When I saw her I was shocked at her condition,She was scared and frightened"
"You locked her glass!,Why?What do you kind doing things that trigger anger"I look away in disgust.

"Emily..Achondroplasia is a bone growth disorder that results in dwarfism due to a genetic mutation in the arms and legs"

"I locked her window because she is might jump off the window or try to commit suicide"Ben pointed out.

I roll my eyes crossed.

"I'm so sorry Emily,About the gossip and the way it ruined your reputation"He said introspectively,reflecting on his actions and trying to understand how he could have acted differently.

"How do you expect me to trust you again?"I stare at him.
"I know you can't trust me,but don't let this ruin our friendship"He feels a sense of regret, wishing that he could go back in time and make different choices.

I appreciate the fact he was willing to take responsibility for his actions, and he is open to make amends.

He gets down on his knees,I could see pain in his eyes.
"I'm really sorry Emily"

"No get up Ben,I forgive you!"I cup his cheek.
He stands up to hug me.
"Thank you Emily"
He recognizes the harm he have caused and I hope he is committed to making things right.

I smiled,Leaving in search of Ava and Mia,I needed to tell them about the things that have been going on.

"Hello,Have you seen Mia and Ava?"I asked a random girl.
"Yes,I saw them last in the class"She said.
"Okay thank you"I rushed to the class.

When I got their I saw them with a flyer.
"Hi girls,What have you been up to?"I smirked sitting with them.
"Take a look at this"Mia gives me the flyer.

"Tomorrow is Aiden's Birthday?"I said surprised

"Yes..Aiden was looking for you,So he told me to give you this".She gives me my own flyer.
"Has he gone home?"I asked.
"Yes he has,He gave everyone the flyer and left.I guess everyone is invited"Ava smiled.

I can't remember the last time I went for a birthday party,I can hardly contain my excitement as I reads the invitation again.My face lights up with joy as I imagine all the fun and laughter that's in store.

I start daydreaming...

I can't believe my crush has invited me to his birthday party! I start planning my outfit in my head,also thinking of the perfect gift to give him. I can hardly wait for the big day to arrive!

"There's a bad news Emily and Ava.."Mia says softly.
"What?"Ava and I Startled.
"I will be going to Australia tomorrow"She pursed her lips.
"What!So your going to leave us here alone"I stunned.
"No Mia,What happened?"Ava nonplussed.
"My dad decided moving over to Australia,But I will still come and visit you guys"Mia grin like a Cheshire Cat.
"That's bad"I frown
"I know right?But that won't break our friendship,I love you both so much"Mia grinned.

We all had a group hug.
"We'll be besties forever"We echoed.
"So we would see you off at the airport?"I said sadly.
"Yes"She responds slowly as she goes out to answer a phone call.

Ava bends her head feeling so sad about Mia's sudden movement,She feels a sense of emptiness and longing in her heart as she thinks about her best friend. She was already missing the way they used to laugh together and share their deepest secrets. She longs for the comfort of their presence and the warmth of their hugs. She feels like a part of her is missing without Mia by her side. She can't wait until they can be reunited again and pick up right where they left off.

"Ava don't cry!"I cuddle her as she burst into tears.
There was no doubt that Ava and Mia had the strongest bond out of the three of us.They live close to each other and Behave more like sisters.

Now the trios are going to turn into duos.
"Save your tears for tomorrow Ava"I heaved a deep sigh going home.