Chapter 1

It all started with the project..
"Good morning students"Our lecturer,Professor Benjamin greeted.
"Today,I have a project for you all"
"A project?"The entire class echoed.
"Yes,And for this project,You will have to pair yourself into two".
"You will be scored based on your performance and presentation."

"The topics you can choose are Human Resource Management,Upskilling,Information Technology,Product Management,Cybersecurity,Data Science,Leadership or you can as well pick any reasonable topic of your choice."

"Oh my!"I murmured.
"There must be cooperation between you and your partner and any topic chosen must be of Relevance,At the same time, stay up-to-date with emerging trends".

"I would advice to focus on topics with practical applications"He instructed.

The whole class starts murmuring.

"Hey!I'm not done speaking"He yelled.

There was silence after the sound of his deep voice.

"Innovation is also important students,Go for a topic that offers a fresh and innovative perspective. Moreover, think outside the box to bring a unique approach or solution that differentiates your project from others and makes your group unique".

"Well feasibility is also necessary,Assess the feasibility of the topic in terms of resources, and time constraints. Additionally, ensure that the project is achievable within the given timeframe."

"You have one week to prepare for this,By next week everyone should be ready".He said.

Everyone was completely silent.
"So...Any question?"Professor Benjamin asked taking down his glasses to his nose.
"Yes sir!"I raised my hand.
"Okay Emily Covey,What's your question?"He asked.

"What is the point of this Project sir?"I stood up.
"Exactly!"The whole class supports me.
"To boost your grades"He responded.

I roll my eyes sitting down,My best friend Mia raises her hand.
"Yes Mia,Any problem?"He asked.
"Well,Based on picking partners,can it be anyone?I mean Irrespective of gender?"She asked.

Well it's obvious Mia wanted to pick Lucas,Her Long lost crush.

"Yes,it must be of opposite gender"He replied.
"What!No way,I mean No way!"I hit my desk,raising my eyebrows.
"You don't have a choice Emily Convey"He said.
"Now students go ahead and pick your partners"He instructed.
"Have a nice day,See you tomorrow!"Professor Benjamin leaves the class.

The Whole class became rowdy.People where looking for a partner while I was sitted back on my seat wondering how I'm going work out a project with a guy.

Choosing a partner for a project was not something that I took lightly. It was like being put in charge of a major decision, one that could have a big impact on my grade, my reputation, and my overall success in the class.

I considered all of the options, weighing the pros and cons of each potential partner. I thought about their strengths and weaknesses, their work ethic, their communication skills.

I tried to envision how we would work together, how we would collaborate, how we would handle conflicts. And yet, despite all of this, I also knew that I had to make a decision. I couldn't keep delaying the choice forever. I had to be true to my gut, to follow my instincts, to be honest with myself and with them.

"Hey Emily,Why are you still sitting?Find a partner"Mia said teasing me.
"Who did you pick Mia?"I asked pretending to have no idea on her choice of partner.
"Lucas of course"She rolls her eyes,Smiling uncontrollably.

"Ohh I see"I laugh.
"Why don't you Pair with Aiden?"She smirks.
"You mean Aiden Taylor??"
"Yes Emily!"she replied.

Pairing with Aiden Taylor wasn't a bad idea,He is smart,and open minded.But what if he rejects?