Chapter 7-The Rumor.

"People just love rumors. They're always saying things that aren't true"–Anuel AA

I went to school in a cab,I was late this time around.It's 8:30,As I strolled inside people where murmuring and staring at me.

The School was buzzing with gossip. Everyone was talking about the latest scandal that had rocked the school.It was hard to know what was true and what was just hearsay, but that didn't stop people from speculating.

The rumor mill was in full swing, and it seemed like everyone had their own version of events.

"She is the one!"One of the girls said.

Some people whispered in hushed tones, while others were more brazen in their gossiping.Which probably caught my attention that it was about me.

It was like a game of telephone - the story changed a little bit every time it was retold. But one thing was for sure - the scandal had everyone's attention.

What has happened again?

People couldn't stop talking about it, even if they didn't know all the facts. It was hard to know how long the gossip would continue, but for now, it seemed like everyone was content to speculate and share their own versions of the story.

"Oh that's Emily!"One of the girls in the group echoed and the rest of them laughed.

Why are they talking about me?

I walked slowly,Mia and Ava comes to me excited.
"Oh I see you have been having fun"They both laugh.

Fun?
"Huh.."I puzzled trying to understand.
"Don't pretend like you don't know"Mia giggled.
"Why are you guys speaking in riddles?"
"Can someone tell me what's going on?"I infuriated.
"There is a rumor about you"Ava spills out.
"Rumor?"I asked in shock.
"Yes...Did you sleep at Ben's house last night?"Mia teases me.
"Yes I did,Any problem?"I pursed my lips in confusion.

They both start laughing loud.
"Everyone knows about it!"They both whispered.
"What?"I yell in shock.

"Who could have leaked it out?"I feel embarrassed.
"Ben actually told Lisa and she spilled it out in front of the class"Mia replied.
"....And Everyone was amazed"Ava added.

Lisa,Oh no!This is bad!My reputation is currently at stake.

"What's funny?You both are suppose to be by my side!"I groaned.
"We are sorry Emily,But this is cute!"Mia giggled.

I leave them aside and went in search of Ben,Then I sight him with his friends.He seems happy.

"Excuse me!"I politely said faking a smile.
"I need to talk to Ben"I drag him to a quiet corner.
"Your free to Emily,His all yours"One of the guys teases me and they all laughed.

What?

"What is wrong with you Ben?"
"Why did you tell Lisa I spent a night in your house last night?"I questioned him angrily.
"Listen Emily,I only told Lisa,I didn't know it would spread like a wide fire"He smirks.
"What did you expect?You told my enemy something about us and you expect her to keep it to herself?"
"Ben my reputation is already at stake,How could you do this to me?"
"You shouldn't have told anyone anything about us,Anything that happens between us should stay between us!"I yell in anger.

"Calm down Emily,Lisa is my partner so I thought she would keep it a secret!"He looks into my eye.
"You thought?"
"Wow,I should clap for you!"I blared clapping my hands in sarcasm.
"First you keep things from me and then you tell people things that are false".
"Yes,I did sleep in your house,But we didn't sleep together,why didn't you tell her that part?"
"You told her I slept in your house and now people are talking about it as if we went intimate!"
I said in disgust.
"Emily"He tries to calm me down.