Chapter 4-His Home.

The journey was long and tiresome,more like a tedious journey. The street is quiet, and seems like it is dead.I could feel the cool breeze coming from Ben's AC.
The sounds I could partially hear are the leaves rustling in the breeze.
"Ben?"I try to break the silence a little.
"Yes Emily?"He looks at me with his eyes partially on the road.
"No just focus on the road,Listen with your ears"I said.
"Okay go on"He giggled.

The night was tempestuous and my emotions were subtle, like the flame upon a torch.

"Um...I just want to say Thank you–I mean if you didn't come I would have died"I heaved a sigh.
"What are friends for Emily?"He looks at me and I suddenly feel his right hand on mine and his left hand on the stirring.

"Mm..."I nodded feeling so safe.
I couldn't hear anything,Just the sound of the engines,no irritating noise from the car.

"Should I turn on the music?"He asked.

No one, not even a soul dares to make a sound to disturb this moment.

"Yes"
"But reduce the volume a little"I smiled.

Ben plays a soft nice song.
The journey was so long,at a point I wondered why the thug brought me all the way from the supermarket to this small town,More like village.

"What are you thinking about?"Ben snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Oh Nothing just a little bit scared"I exhale.

Why hasn't Ben asked me how I got here?

I wasn't listening to the music but it was better than the silence. I couldn't be left to think about anything anymore. I thought enough.My only wish was to get home safely and nothing more.

The dark sky turned a little bit clearer as the 5th song played.It was a love song and probably not what I needed to be listening to right now.It's you by Ali Gatie.

"We shouldn't be listening to this now?"I smirked changing it.

Ben smiles,shaking his head.
Everywhere and Everything is silent, as if it isn't even alive, just like a ghost street that only emerges in the mid-night and will vanish when the first sunlight strikes down from the sky.

"Why don't you stay at my house till day break,What do you think?"He looks at me.

Why will I stay in a guys house till day break? I mean I trust Ben but anything can happen.

"Why ain't you saying anything?What's going on in your mind?"He asked.
"Well nothing,Just worried about my mum"I frowned.
"Everything will be fine,Just send her a text message,Tell her everything is fine,You'll be back home by 7am"
Ben smiled.

Should I tell her that?But I still don't have a choice.

I did exactly what Ben said and waited for a response from her,but I didn't get any.

She's probably angry

We got to Ben's house by 3:33 am.He comes down from his car,And turns to the other side to open the door for me.

He's a real gentleman.

I come down from his car and we both entered inside.Upon stepping into the apartment, two very nice features about the kitchen had captured my attention, the kitchen's light bulb's,it's intense purple and white color and the ceiling where there is fan which helps to keep kitchen cold during hot seasons.

The next thing that captured my attention was The living room which was filled with lights,It has a window for preview of outside part the apartment.The next room is the dining room,Which is 5 feet away from the kitchen.

Ben is really from a wealthy family.

I didn't know how many bedrooms he had,I just had to observe with my eyes.Ben takes me to his room.

"You can relax on my bed.I'll be right back"
He said leaving me in his room.

I scanned through his room with my eyes,He had pictures of his sister and parents on his wall.They all seemed happy.With the thought of Ben's father,I remember my dad who left us.

If only he stayed.

I walked back to his bed and sat down,Waiting for my mum to respond to my message.Ben comes in with a tray of food and a glass of juice on it.

"What?"I smiled in surprise.
"Your food is ready my queen!"He dramatized,placing the tray of food on the bed.
"You have to eat Emily,I heard you are sick"

Now everyone knows I was sick.

"I was not now"I smirked tasting Ben's pasta.
"Mm...Yummy,How did you make this so quick?"I asked eating.

He sits next to me.
"You should know I'm quite a professional in cooking!"He winks.

The pasta was indeed so yummy,I finished it within a blink of an eye,There was no doubt that I was hungry.

"So tell me,Who's your partner for the project?"He asked staring at me.
"Um..Aiden Taylor!"I rolled my eyes.
"Aiden?Why didn't you choose me?"He fakes a cough.
"Aiden asked me to be his partner,I couldn't turn him down"I sip my drink.

Ben looks away.
"What?"I asked turning his face to align with mine.
"Nothing"He pursed his lips.
"So who did you pair with?"I asked.
"Lisa!"He smirked.
"Lisa??"
"Yes L...I..S..A"He stretch his words.
"No way!Why would you pair with My enemy Ben?"I infuriated.
"Who else would I pair with?"He exhales.
"They are other girls you can pair with..."I sip my drink again.
"They are other girls you can pair with"He mimics me.
"Hmm..."

Ben takes my empty dishes to the kitchen.
His such a nice guy.
I stare at him till he leaves,He comes back again.

"Um..I'm feeling sleepy"He groaned removing his shoe.

So what does he want me to do?

"Why don't we share the bed?"She smirks.
"Share?Well um..I can sleep on the bare floor instead"I said.
"Emily!You would catch a cold if you sleep on the floor,We can use a pillow to demarcate the bed"
He suggested.

Why do I feel so awkward about this?

Ben puts a pillow in the middle of the bed.
"Alright..it's okay now"I smiled lying down.

I nodded taking the other side of the bed,We were both facing opposite directions.

I hope mum isn't angry with me,She must be very lonely right now.

I sniff.

"Emily are you crying?"Ben asked raising his head.
"No am not,I just have something in my nose"I lied.

Did I do the right thing by coming to stay with Ben?