Chapter 21

I opened my door to go get a drink around 2am when I got a heart attack! Kinn was sitting right outside my door.

"Phi!" I exclaimed in shock. He looked up and saw me, standing up dusting his pants off.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you. Where are you going?"

"I wanted to get a drink...."

"I will go get it for you. You stay here. Go in and rest."

"You don't have to. Just go back. Why are you even here? It's late. Please go back to your room. I'm fine."

Kinn stared at me hard. I gulped softly and handed my jug to him. He went off to fill it up and brought it back to me. He looked at me, his eyes softening.

"Rest well na. I speak to you tomorrow."

I looked at him and nodded. I was about to close the door but seeing him sit outside just made me sadder. I really disliked how he was supposedly protecting me but I also knew he did it for my good. But I hated that and yet I also hated that I was being cruel to him by shutting him out. I sighed softly as I opened the door wider. Kinn looked up at me quizzically.

"Come in and rest. It's been a long day."

Kinn nodded and was trying to fight a small smile. He came in, took a quick shower and changed out. I had already gotten into bed and turned away, determined not to have any conversation with him. I felt the bed dip as Kinn slid in.

I could feel his warm body next to me, radiating heat as he laid down. There was silence and I thought Kinn had fallen asleep. Then I heard him utter softly.

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened. All of it has to do with my father. He sent people to threaten you as he wasn't in favor of the relationship. But they double crossed him by hurting you because they wanted an opportunity to get at me. I nearly murdered my father over this. I'm sorry you got hurt in the process..."

I turned to Kinn and I saw him wiping his eyes away. He turned to the side, away from me. I looked at his back and sighed softly. I reached out and touched him lightly on his back.

Kinn shuddered slightly at my touch but didn't turn to look at me.

I knew he was hurting and I was also hurting. But I also knew he hardly ever expressed himself and was doing so now. And I wanted him to know I was there for him.

I moved in closer and put my arm around him. Kinn turned finally and looked at me. I cradled his face and he leaned into my touch.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so..."

"Shh Phi. Im sorry. I'm sorry for making you hurt."

"It's not even your fault. I should have looked after you better. I should.. have told you everything.."

"Phi.."

"I shouldn't have treated you like..."

"Phi.. stop. I know why you did what you did. I know why Porsche Phi did what he did. I don't like it but I know its just for me. To make sure I'm safe. But I can't see you hurting..  knowing you are hurt. In pain, in distress. I'm sorry for acting like the kid I have been. I want to do better. I want to show you that I can be an adult too. I do know it took you alot to be honest with me and I want you to know I appreciate that. And I want that. I'm sorry for putting you in this situation."

Kinn looked at me and his eyes reddened even more. I leaned in closer and Kinn covered the remaining gap by leaning in to kiss me softly. He held onto my cheeks and rested his forehead on mine. I could feel his warm breath caress me and it comforted me greatly.

"I missed you so much Phi."

"I missed you too. You shut me out for almost a whole month.."

"I'm sorry na.."

"You owe me.."

"And I want to make it up to you. How do I do it?"

Kinn grinned at me and I rolled my eyes, I kinda had a very good feeling which was confirmed as he fingered the buttons on my shirt.

"Phi!"

"Shushhhhhh"