Chapter 6

I went home, my mind drifting back to the conversation I had with Shin with Porsche present.

"You don't know me well enough. But trust me, if you cross Chay's path again, you will get to know me and you will not like it so stay away. If I were you, I would stay away. Get it? Do I make myself clear? And in case you were wondering, my last name is indeed Theerapanyakun."

I watched as Shin shuddered softly. He looked at me, the fear creeping into his eyes and he nodded fervently, promising not to get in Chay's path again. Porsche just watched silently, knowing that I had done enough by getting involved in the conversation. I usually didn't and so for me to do so, Porsche knew I meant business.

I fixed myself a glass of whisky and my phone rang. It was an unfamiliar number. I pondered it for a bit and finally answered.

"Phi?"

"Chay? Is that you? What happened? Why are you calling? Where's Porsche? Are you ok? Are you guys in danger?"

I shot off a series of questions without stopping. There was silence for a while before Chay finally spoke.

"Erm, we are fine Phi. I wanted to talk to you so that's why I got your number from Phi Porsche.I hope its fine..."

I fell silent, embarrassed over my stupidity.

"Yes, that's fine. What's up?"

I could hear Chay smile over the phone.

"You know how to use the phrase "What's up?" too Phi? Not bad."

"Chay! Don't tease me na.."

Chay laughed. "Sorry Phi, just had to tease you. I hope its ok. I wanted to ask if you are home yet."

Huh? He called me just to find out if I was home yet?

"You called to find out if I'm home yet?"

"I.. I thought.. just wanted to make sure you got home safe Phi.."

I fell silent. Once again, an odd feeling rose in my heart. Was this what it meant to be cared for by someone?

"Yes, I did. Are you guys OK? Where's Porsche and Vegas?"

"They are cooking in the kitchen, though by the sounds of it, I wonder if I will get dinner tonight."

I laughed against my better judgement.

"Do you want me to send you guys something? So they can save the trouble of cooking?"

"It's ok Phi. I will do a door dash after this. I have no faith in those two. You take care, thank you for today."

I hummed and hung up. I instantly called Big and got him to door dash food to Chay's house. He looked at me quizzically but knew better than to question me. About 40 minutes later, I got a text from Chay again.

This time, it simply said "You shouldn't have, thank you Phi" with a photo of the food delivery in the background and Porsche grinning away. I just shook my head at this amusing sight but didn't reply anything.

I nursed my drink, just staring out into space for a bit.

The next day, Porsche reported for work with Chay in tow. He asked if Chay could be around as he didn't feel safe leaving him behind. I looked at Chay and asked if he was comfortable being here. He nodded. I left it as that and went off to work. Midday, I was walking past the home theater when I heard Tankhun, his guards and Chay shouting away. I peeked in and saw them watching an action movie and Tankhun was being his dramatic usual self. I watched quietly for a bit as Chay was invested in the movie, screaming away and just generally being rowdy. He didn't strike me as such a guy so it was fresh to see this sight. I slipped out quietly and just went about my day.

I finally got home around 8pm and was heading to my room when I heard Chay call out to me.

"Phi!"

"Chay. Hey, still here?"

"I'm waiting for Phi Porsche to come back. He went for something with Ken and Big and will be slightly late. He told me to wait for him no matter what."

I nodded.

"Had your dinner Chay?"

"I did. Earlier. You Phi?"

"Not yet Chay."

"Owh.."

"Don't worry, it's fine. I'm used to it. I get going first. Take care. Be safe."

Chay nodded. I went off towards my room when I received a call from Ken. There had been trouble at the meet up and Big and Porsche had been injured in the fray. Fuck!

I told Ken I will be there. I called my men and also Vegas and flew there. Chay sensed the changed environment but I had no time to tell him anything.

Hours later, we came back to the house with an injured Porsche and a profusely bleeding Big. We called the medical team who came down. I saw Chay who observed everything quietly and came to be by Porsche's side. I couldn't tell if he was pissed or accepting or what of the situation.

Thankfully, Porsche's injuries were not major. Vegas and Chay helped him off to the room to rest. I waited till Big got a clearance from the medical team though he was out of action for at least a week. I sighed.

I was making my way back to my own room around 3am when I heard soft music from the music room. I opened it gently to see Chay playing away though his music sounded sad. I knew he was feeling upset over Porsche but I had no idea on how to comfort someone in this situation. We were all used to it. We just moved on but to expect the same of Chay was selfish but I really didn't know on how to comfort or reassure him. I just stepped away from the room equally as quietly, walking away, unaware that Chay had actually clocked my presence.